Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keys Player in need of some knowledge

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whats Tha best keys ?
OASYS
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Studio
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Extreme
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Alesis HD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rolandus Fantom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Motif ES
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

blade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Keys Player in need of some knowledge Reply with quote

Hello

Im a LE user, but its a general question i have to any one who could give me solution with that problem Smile
Well, many rock bands dont use and dont care of keyboard sounds at live perfoms, but for instance Rammstein, Dream Theater, Type Negative has enourmous and kick ass sample sounds. My question is: does anyone knows how they controll all of these sounds libraries while doing live shows?? I know they have much more instruments than only my one LE, but if i had for ex. Laptop with storage of samples how to controll it? how to "exec" right samples in right timing? are there any programs for samples on PC??. "Devil is Hidden in Details" so i want to sound nice at all the time, not only on the record (on CPU everything can be done) but it has to be played well on live too as well.
Please reply me some tips, or how You do that, if anyone did so Smile

TIA.
Best regards

James L.
Poland
Current Line-up: Triton LE - 61, Omnitronic KB12-A, Soft Gig bag:), AMD Sempron 3000+ 64, ATI Radeon 9250 128x2 , Media Tech Optical mouse, HP P4815, HP DeskJet 710C, Colorado Direct Primax Scanner, DK Digital 5.1, Absynth 1,2, Reason 3, Reaktor 4, CE2.0.

Previous: Technics KN-920, Piano, Yamaha An1-X, Korg SP-200, Attax 50.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the Oasys.....definitely a winner.

By the way though, what's a Rolandus? Laughing
blade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roland = rolandus , personally i dont like em, even theyr nice i good look, but i used roland few times before old models they were sux.

And some adds to my first post. I know i can load samples into samplers like akai or alesis or any other, but i dont want to load them every time they r switched on. So please help, how to controll this nice piece of music in realtime?

You said Oasys is a winner, but have ever used it? how do you know that tere is no other better?Smile This poll i made to see what keys i want to have in future, from your opinion its easier to choose Smile

Regards
Current Line-up: Triton LE - 61, Omnitronic KB12-A, Soft Gig bag:), AMD Sempron 3000+ 64, ATI Radeon 9250 128x2 , Media Tech Optical mouse, HP P4815, HP DeskJet 710C, Colorado Direct Primax Scanner, DK Digital 5.1, Absynth 1,2, Reason 3, Reaktor 4, CE2.0.

Previous: Technics KN-920, Piano, Yamaha An1-X, Korg SP-200, Attax 50.
Nav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the Extreme.

If the OASYS was about EUR 4.000,- then it would be the best, but at the moment it's massively overpriced for what you get.

My suggestion:

Get a Extreme 88 with 96 MB RAM (that doesn't cost a lot) and maybe a MOSS - Board and you have almost the same fun.

For about EUR 3.300,- or maybe even less.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: