Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

61 or 76 key ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Key
61 Key
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
76 Key
59%
 59%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 32

tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't talking about personal skill to play speedy with a weighted piano keyboard; I was talking about actual specs of the keyboard itself.

I haven't heard the particular track you mention, nor do I know what type of keyboard he uses on that one. I just tested several weighted keys and especially for drum parts, I stike air before the key physically bounces back and I know that's just not me. I still do enjoy playing piano stuff on weighted keys, however I find the 'bounce-back' response too slow for drum patterns and trills. I even find the heavily-criticized fatar keybeds used on synths such the Triton LE, N264 etc the fastest ones for drums, even better than the semi-weighted ones by yamaha, used on synths like the Trinity. Every keybed has it's own speciality I suppose.

I read that Korg's new RH3 action adresses this well known 'response' problem; still haven't tried one of those keybeds. Can't wait to get my hands on them Razz

^tenshi-
moonone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: 61 vs.76/88 Reply with quote

i've got a po 76 in my studio...for gigs I use a 61...theres' a lot of purist out there that want the 88........well thats just nuts ...even in the best acuostic sitution with a eal piano the upper /lower notes you loose is really a none issue. I've played a gig with a back line....they have a kursweill ...the "jazz" purists want an 88 .duh....the 76 will work just as well ...for ease of real giging the 61 can do anything you want ...and you won't end up with a hernia. If you're a pianist ....yeah weighted keys are great. trying to dig in on strings/organ/woodwinds or anything else the need a feel and expression weighted keys not the route to go
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wasn't talking about personal skill to play speedy with a weighted piano keyboard; I was talking about actual specs of the keyboard itself.
I even find the heavily-criticized fatar keybeds used on synths such the Triton LE, N264 etc the fastest ones for drums, even better than the semi-weighted ones by yamaha, used on synths like the Trinity. Every keybed has it's own speciality I suppose.
I read that Korg's new RH3 action adresses this well known 'response' problem; still haven't tried one of those keybeds. Can't wait to get my hands on them Razz
^tenshi-

Ah, sorry then! Smile Maybe we had a slight misunderstanding. No problem there? Smile
RH3 feels rather nice. Although, in general, the overall action reminds me of RH2. There are some differences but I couldn't really tell what are they in the short time with the RH3 C's. The only thing I seem to remember is the fact that the action itself is a bit faster, the key snaps back a bit faster then on RH2, which is a good thing.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:

The only thing I seem to remember is the fact that the action itself is a bit faster, the key snaps back a bit faster then on RH2, which is a good thing.

Great stuff!

Now since Korg started producing more and more dedicated controller keyboards, how about an 88-key RH3 based one? Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

^tenshi-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: