Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just bought a D3200, things to look out for???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey383

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Just bought a D3200, things to look out for??? Reply with quote

Since I'm new to the Korg series recorders, I just wanted to ask if there are any significant problems that I need to keep my eye peeled for. I did a search, but only turned up 3 posts.

I know there was a problem with the Tascam 2488, where if it was subjected to minimal amounts of vibration such as loud amps, it would lock up. Just wnted to know if there were any similar gremlins or bugs with the Korg units.

Thanks.
trumpetman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: 0 db levels are off Reply with quote

I have a D3200 and loved recording with it. However, when I finished my project and burned off the final CD, it was waaay quiet level-wise. In other words, what showed 0 db on my D3200 was really only about -3 or -4 in the real world. I've talked with the tech guys and they said that it was purposely made to be a little quieter to allow some headroom for young recordists. But in my mind this is waaaaay too quiet. I'm very frustrated with this and don't quite know what to do about it at this point. As far as the effects, etc., I like the sounds, etc., but this level thing has got to be fixed. This is very serious to me.
rhino 55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be something KORG incorperated into all there systems because my D-1600 does the same thing when you burn down the CD.
Roc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikey383,

I'm using the 32xd and one of the most noticeable problems is definetly lack of sleep. Embarassed

Roc
Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: D3200 Owner Reply with quote

I've had the D3200 for just under a year now, and it's been fantastic. It's very intuitive and it sounds great. The only thing I don't like about it (and I'm being picky) is that mouse pointer / trackball thing. Form some reason I thought it was touch screen like the Triton. But it's still a great machine. No regrets!

Cheers!

Bear
Kit Karson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy all , I am new on this forum , but I think i will be visiting more often , since I bought Korg D 3200 ...

...still , i did not bought speakers yet , and I am in a little doubt...what speakers should I buy ....

Is it better to try speakers with amplifier ( active speakers ) , or passive ?

Is Alesis good enough ?

Also , I would like to ask you - is it difficult to work with this device , and how fast were you learning to run it ?

Best regards to all , i will keep asking questions , and I thank you all in advance.
Kit Karson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ?
Bear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Not difficult Reply with quote

I really haven't had any difficulties learning the D3200. The first day I got it I couldn't wait to get started and dove right in. I did the typical guy thing and just started messing with it without reading the instructions. I couldn't get a sound out of it. Rolling Eyes A quick look at the manual took care of that, though. It really is very easy to use. Within a couple of hours I had cranked out my first tune. Within the couple of days I was using the automation and storing scenes. Spend a few hours a week with it and you'll be surprised at how much cool stuff you can do. Good luck!

Bear
Kit Karson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Bear ....
...I would like to ask you , which computer program do you use ( which is compatibille with this device ? )
F-Rod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Mix down levels Reply with quote

Does anybody know how to get around this issue?

Thx.
pagey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Band has also just purchased a D3200.
Looking forward to getting stuck into recording with in. No doubt be posting in this section more as I get stuck! Very Happy

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
iain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just got a D3200 and can't get the Session Drums to record on the tracks. I changed the Drum mix output to Channels, and changed channels 1 and 2 to be L and R drums.

But when the drums are running, the record and play buttons are deactivated. When the record or play buttons are pressed, the drums control buttons are all greyed out. I've been through the process easily a dozen times as per the manual, rebooted, started new song, etc but nothing. No way!

What's the secret?
vasq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Session Drums issue - @ IAIN Reply with quote

@ iain -
We had a similar issue with ours (we *just* got it) and we may be able to shed a little insight.
Our first issue was that we took a preset beat, modded it a little bit, and then pressed play and the beat reverted back to it's original state. A few frustrated tries later and several reads in the manual and we figured out that after you make a mod to the beat, you have to click the "Replace" button in the Session Drums page. That fixed that problem. But that's probably not the problem you have Razz - soooo...
The next problem we ran into was that once we got that all straightened out, we pressed record, and nothing happened. It was, as you say, deactivated. A couple more peeks at the manual, and an accidental pressing of the "Rec/Play Mode" button (right above the record button), and we noticed that the Rec Mode was set to "trigger". We set it to "Normal", and it worked fine.
Hope that helps!
--Ideamen
www.myspace.com/ideamen
iain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

thanks for the reply! I've got better at the drum side now, but still it won't record straight onto the disk. What it seems to prefer is if I create a pattern track and then, only after the whole pattern is created, I press record and the drums go off to the channels specified.

I'm working on a complicated song and the only way to get a live sounding drum track seems to be to write out all the bars and work on the pattern track until it plays along just right -- then stick it on the disk and add the guitar and bass.

ho hum! all this step by step is not my idea of making music but probably easier than recording a live set of drums in the end!

thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: