Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA1X CD/RW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taverna2005

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: KORG PA1X CD/RW Reply with quote

FYI,

the following CD/RW works great with PA1X.

http://www.netcomdirect.com/panuj8xidesl.html

Better yet the price is only $29

Regards...
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the drive fit into the now installed Floppy Drive Bay? The area wherein the Floppy Drive is is not as wide as a CD Drive Bay.
Taverna2005

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorilla wrote:
Does the drive fit into the now installed Floppy Drive Bay? The area wherein the Floppy Drive is is not as wide as a CD Drive Bay.

It fits into dedicated CD drive bay. Please refer to the korg's installation manual
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/pdf/Pa1X/multilingual/CDRW1.pdf

Cheers.
kjeld

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taverna2005: The UJDA330 CD/RW does not work OK in a PA1X. I have tryed it in my PA1X-pro. It is all to slow and you cant access direct CD Track higher than number 6,7,8 or so. It can play OK from the beginning and to the end of the CD. There was also other thing I cant remember. So keep away from this drive.
Find a UJDA360 instead, this will work proper and perpect Cool
Gorilla: Off cause you cant use the Floppy Bay. The CD-Drive are more wide and you also need the connector inside Sad

Cheers
Kjeld[/b]
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I bought a "non-Korg" CDRW drive which seemed to work OK. I was incorrectly informed that it was exactly the same drive that Korg re-badged.
The problem is that it messed up my MP3 recordings (whether a CD was in the drive or not) - every MP3 recording had intermittent "clicks" in the track. This stopped as soon as I removed the CDRW drive.

SO BE CAREFUL - what may seem to work may in fact cause a problem elsewhere within the keyboard - I learned the hard way. If you REALLY REALLY need the CDRW drive (other than for the AKAI samples, I can't come up with a use for it at all), then buy the genuine Korg drive (very expensive though!!).

My personal recommendations:-
1. If you want it to backup your data, then just use the USB to PC - it is quicker and safer.
2. If you want it to play AUDIO CDs or MP3 CDs to play along with, then simply buy yourself a portable CD/MP3 player (like Walkman) and plug it into the PA1X Input ports. You have much better volume and track control.
3. If you want it to save MP3 recordings, then just use the USB to PC - it is quicker and safer and you can tidy up gaps etc on your PC.
4. If you desperately need to load AKAI samples then you had better buy the drive !!
5. Remember - this drive is SLOW....

Hope this helps - remember these are just my opinions and experiences.....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Taverna2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjeld wrote:
Taverna2005: The UJDA330 CD/RW does not work OK in a PA1X. I have tryed it in my PA1X-pro. It is all to slow and you cant access direct CD Track higher than number 6,7,8 or so. It can play OK from the beginning and to the end of the CD. There was also other thing I cant remember. So keep away from this drive.
Find a UJDA360 instead, this will work proper and perpect Cool
Gorilla: Off cause you cant use the Floppy Bay. The CD-Drive are more wide and you also need the connector inside Sad

Cheers
Kjeld[/b]

@kjeld

I haven't had any issues with this CD Drive so far. It works just fine so far (MHO). I can access any tracks on CD (above 8th Track as well). As I'm writing I have 18 track and I tested jumping from track to track over and over. I haven't had any problems. The speed is fine as well. One thing I wish is I could mix the Sequencers rather than stop one and start the other. But even that works fine.

Because I don't have MP3 board I cannot say anything about it

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: