Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is the extreme studio compatible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Awareh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: is the extreme studio compatible? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
i want to sell my triton studio and buy a extreme. But I have made many things, many songs. I was wondering how much percent will they be accurate when loading a studio SNG into a extreme?

thanks in advance
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sng. data should be the same so your songs made on studio will work on extreme but you have to do few things:
1. if you programmed drum kits that you used in your songs, you have to program exactly the same drum kits on extreme, or if you used preset drum kits, you'll have to find the same one on extreme, or else your drum tracks will sound strange;
2. you have to program sounds on extreme to sound similar to those on studio and have to assign them to exactly the same banks and slots (sequencer doesn't memorize sound but it's position),
3. make appropriate effect settings,
4. everything above relates to patterns, arppegiators and rppr settings.
So, expect to spent some time adjusting those songs to extreme.
Or you can adjust and save every song in smf format and use it on extreme, but I wouldn't recommend that, it doesn't sound as good as original (with different sounds etc9).
enjoy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: