Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The RADIAS clean sound certainly has it's advantages...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unknown Sound

Location: On a small island just off the coast of an island not to far from Antarctica

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: The RADIAS clean sound certainly has it's advantages... Reply with quote

Many of you may know that I've blown hot & cold over the RADIAS sound in the past, particularly when compared to my Virus TI. Well last night I was programming a patch for some high pitched sound effects and understood first hand the complaints many people have made about aliasing in the Virus. By comparison the RADIAS handled the task flawlessly and showed up the TI big time. It was clean/sharp and clear with no artefacts when modulating pitch to the extreme upper registers, it was quite a delight to here the results. Now if only we can get more Mod destinations!

Something else I've discovered about the RADIAS recently, it can achieve superior results (compared to the TI) in the fat & dirty Bass category. However, the Virus is a truly a mid-range monster.

So, I'll repeat a previous statement I've made here in the past, the RADIAS and Virus TI do really complement each other very well.

-US.

Last edited by Unknown Sound on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I couldn't agree more. Virus + Radias = Good. Great to know someone has empirical evidence of the claimed Korg anti-aliasing technology, inherited by the Radias from the (Oasys?), is really effective in practice. Also cool to know that the Radias kicks the Virus' ass in SOMETHING!
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now I'm using my Radias to play some bass tracks . . . and I'm really liking them! Fat and bass-ey, but with that "Radias" crystal-bright, fizzy-edge, which I'm growing to really like now. I sent my Virus back (I'm getting another one tomorrow), so I've only had the Radias and my V-Synth GT to play with in the last couple days. And of course, guess what happened? I'm all into my Radias now!

Now, I'm using the Radias' high-pitched, high-register sounds, laying it over the Radias bass I just recorded. Sounds cool. Maybe I'll try a Radias lead next! Now, I wanna record a whole song using just the Radias. As soon as I finish this one, I'll post it on my myspace page if anyone wants to hear it.
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here it is . . . eight measures or so of 100% pure Radias [rhythm track is from my Fantom-X8]!

It's Track 05 "Fuzz" [the one with the picture of the girl taking off her pants]

MY NEW MYSPACE ADDRESS! http://www.myspace.com/level4films STOP BY AND VISIT!

Notes:
Track 04 "Virus," is also new, but mostly Virus/V-Synth GT.
Track 02 "Rap," is mostly Virus w/V-Synth GT bass line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: