Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syncing Extreme with Logic 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan_hill84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Syncing Extreme with Logic 7 Reply with quote

Hi

I'm having a few problems properly syncing my extreme with Logic. I want my extreme to work solely as an instrument in logic and dont want to use any of its sequencing capabilities. Firstly there seems to be a midi delay between Ex and logic, so when it comes to recording the audio in, its fractionally late. now i have remedied this with delaying my midi output. However is this fairly standard?

What should be the ideal state for the EX to work seamlessly in a logic environment?

Also how do I in sequence mode - edit, for examples sake, reducing the FX on a synth on track 1. As far as I'm aware, i can only make changes to the actual sound in PROG mode but surely this cant be!

Thanks

R.H
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncing Extreme with Logic 7 Reply with quote

Hi Ryan,

ryan_hill84 wrote:
I'm having a few problems properly syncing my extreme with Logic. I want my extreme to work solely as an instrument in logic and dont want to use any of its sequencing capabilities. Firstly there seems to be a midi delay between Ex and logic, so when it comes to recording the audio in, its fractionally late. now i have remedied this with delaying my midi output. However is this fairly standard?

Do you have plug-in delay compensation enabled in Logic ? Sometimes that fixes one problem but causes others. Try turning it off and seeing if you get the same results.

ryan_hill84 wrote:
What should be the ideal state for the EX to work seamlessly in a logic environment?

You might find this useful -> http://www.korgforums.com/support/tutorials/DazTritonExtSeqTut.pdf

ryan_hill84 wrote:
Also how do I in sequence mode - edit, for examples sake, reducing the FX on a synth on track 1. As far as I'm aware, i can only make changes to the actual sound in PROG mode but surely this cant be!

Unfortunately Korg have a blind spot on this, the only Program editing you can do in multi-timbral mode is Tone Adjust. You can't edit Programs in depth except in Program mode. Even the mighty Oasys suffers from the same shortcoming and that is supposed to be a full fat synthesizer. Aaaaargh !

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Syncing Extreme with Logic 7 Reply with quote

ryan_hill84 wrote:

Maybe I misread your question. The effects are not part of the Program in sequencer mode. To change the IFX settings just go to the IFX page and edit effects parameters there or the MFX page is the effect is a master effect.

Daz.
LiquidLE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncing Extreme with Logic 7 Reply with quote

Daz wrote:

ryan_hill84 wrote:

Unfortunately Korg have a blind spot on this, the only Program editing you can do in multi-timbral mode is Tone Adjust. You can't edit Programs in depth except in Program mode. Even the mighty Oasys suffers from the same shortcoming and that is supposed to be a full fat synthesizer. Aaaaargh !

Daz.

Yeah, that isn't right! It is much, much better to be able to edit program in depth right from your sequence or Combination. I wonder why they missed that... .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: