Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme compatibility with LE??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiquidLE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme compatibility with LE?? Reply with quote

Hi. I have just returned a Triton LE that i borrowed for some time. i made heavy modifications, did quite a bit of tweaking. I'm thinking of replacing it. I like the Triton a lot.

My question is, if i bought a Triton Extreme, would the patches from my SmartMedia card load into the Extreme pretty well? We're just talking patches: combination and program.

Also, let me ask please, does the Extreme have a smart media slot?

Thank you! I appreciate any replies.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No SmartMedia.
In Extreme you can use Compact Flash card, Microdrive card, external usb devices and usb thumb drive.
I think programs and combinations would work but with a little programming - you'll have to find similar multisamples on extreme to those of LE.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the MS work fine, every program is completely compatible.
If you do the oposite from TEX to LE then you need programing.
LiquidLE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
No, the MS work fine, every program is completely compatible.
If you do the oposite from TEX to LE then you need programing.

That's fantastic if true. So I could load my programs and combinations no problem? It will just load them?
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your modifications and settings done in the borrowed Triton Le will work just fine to your Triton Extreme. You wont have to do any tweaking at all.

The reason is that all multisamples, ifx, mfx, of your Le are present in the extreme. That means that the extreme could read 100% of the sound data of your pcg exported by the Le.

The opposite would not be 100% possible because there are a lot of new multisamples in Extreme's rom that the Le misses. In addition to that the Le can use only one Ifx while the extreme can use 5 ones simultaneously. So in case you edit a program either using a multisample that there is not in Le's rom or using over 2ifx's you wont be able to play this sound from the Le.

So in conclusion you have no problem at all since you need to load all the Le-edited programs into your extreme.

Regards
LiquidLE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, korg_nikos, that's great!

I have another question, although it's a less important one. Would I be loading the entire LE banks into the Extreme? Or is it possible to just load one at a time?

On a related note, does the LE just have additional banks, with also the original from earlier Tritons?

Thanks again.
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can load the entire pcg from the le (which is maximum 5 program banks and 3 combi banks) and still have space for loading additional sounds.

You can also open the pcg and load separate banks or even open banks and load separate programs or combis.

Dont worry abou compatibility issues.

Having an extreme means you get full compatibility with all previous triton models
LiquidLE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg_nikos wrote:
You can load the entire pcg from the le (which is maximum 5 program banks and 3 combi banks) and still have space for loading additional sounds.

You can also open the pcg and load separate banks or even open banks and load separate programs or combis.

Dont worry abou compatibility issues.

Having an extreme means you get full compatibility with all previous triton models

Yeah, this is great news.

korg_nikos, how do you like the Extreme, the additional sounds?
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually (among others) I own both of Le and Extreme. I bought the Le earlier of course. The extreme features a wide range of multisamples (Triton Le 32Mb, Triton Extreme 160Mb). The new sounds actually come from the Exb PCM boards (boards with additional multisamples sold separately to fit in triton classic and studio. Getting the extreme means you have it all in there.

As far as common sounds based on common multisamples are concerned you wont get far better results. When a sound (edited in extreme) is based on a multisample that exists in both machines and also has maximum 2mfx and 1ifx then the extreme sounds exactly the same. Well of course you could add more ifx and get some better results.Also the vacuum tube could give an extra boost to your sound.

What really matters though is the EXB-MOSS OPTION. This board can be fitted in all Tritons but the Le. The sounds you get with this board are awesome.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: