Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transitions between songs HELP!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Transitions between songs HELP!!!! Reply with quote

What is the best way in a live situation to set up "registrations" to instantly go from song/style to the next song with no gap between songs!???
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you play with styles - organize them well and save your 4 STS - you´ll have this with 1 click.

if you play with midifiles you may use the songbook or you choose your file at the end of your actual and if the song stop then press select and start again - very fast.

a possibility for all (styles midis mp3 and all other is the songbook)
in this you can save everything and select very fast because you´ve only to select your entry and all settings will change automatically.

hope that´s what you want to know

cu
detlef
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
calaf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a question I, too, put a while ago.

The route I took was to use the songbook, and this was quick enough when playing one song that used three styles within it.
I also set one of the switches on my foot controller to change the song.

Hope this helps.
allrics

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you set up songs in the songbook that will contain any of my selected 3 upper sounds and 1 lower?
I also use the Pa1xPro for gigs but I don't use any Styles. I just use it like a regular keyboard. Right now I am limited to only the 4 STS's to quickly change presets. If I use the Songbook that could give me a way to call up more presets quickly, is that correct?
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This confused me for some time as well. The Songbook is not that intuitive but its really worth perservering with because you can get it to do just about anything.
You can set up your own custom list called say "Sound Settings" being a page or more of your favourite sounds. Within each line entry you can have 4 Single Touch Settings - perfect for say adding upper2 strings to your piano when pressing STS2 then say adding "Choir Aahs" with STS3 etc. The STS's are invaluable they can save things such as making sure the expression pedal works say only Upper2 (Menu, Keyboard Ensemble, Tick expression for Upper2 only).
After Saving your settings as several entries in the Songbook (for Genre use say your initials to enable filtering /finding easier) Use the drop down menu to enable List Edit, Edit List, New List, Book, Select your entries (filter Genre by your initials), Add to List, Save as a Name that makes sense to you.
Hope this helps!
John
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allrics wrote:
Can you set up songs in the songbook that will contain any of my selected 3 upper sounds and 1 lower?
I also use the Pa1xPro for gigs but I don't use any Styles. I just use it like a regular keyboard. Right now I am limited to only the 4 STS's to quickly change presets. If I use the Songbook that could give me a way to call up more presets quickly, is that correct?

I think you should go another way - i think you use very often more or less the the same STS or Performances (which is the same).
So you´ve the User-Places where you can put your Performances on - and on each site yu can place 8 - i think this must be enough 4 you?

So try it in this way. With the songbook you can switch fast and save your upper1-3 and lower and everything else but you´ve only 4 STS again.

cu
Detlef Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Booby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

if you need more than 4 STS a useful tip is to use muted tracks.

So for example if you need 5 instruments you can put in the last STS (or whatever you want) say a piano in Upper Track 1 and a trumpet in the Upper Track 2 muted. When you need to switch to the second sound you have to mute Upp1 and unmute Upp2, that's not more trouble that looking for a different performance.
Remember also to name the STS accordingly (e.g. Piano-Trump).
It's not so difficult to have 12 different instruments in a 4 STS block, including also some possible combination of tracks.

Hope this help.

Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: