Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fede

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I recently sent my Triton Studio (76) to get fixed for a loose 'damper' jack connection and something with the floppy drive, (I do have the cd burner option for those who care to know all the details). I asked the guys at the store (been dealing with them for the past 15 years with mixed results) if they would mess with my hardrive for any reaon and they assured me there was no need......Drum roll......of course , upon gettin' it back I nearly fainted when I realized that my entire drive had been wiped clean!!!!!!!! I lost everything!! I had over 50 songs and many wavefiles saved. Luckily I had backed up everything about 2 months ago , but since then I had started working on a few things , including demo'ing arrangements for someone's record.......Of course I didn't tell the store this because it is inconsequential.....One song or idea lost due to a tech's negligence is one too many as far as I'm concerned.

Another interesting bit is that they returned the keyboard to me with 3.9Gigs available....(the total capacity of the empty drive) ; however , my keyboard had a 20Gig hardrive. I thought I was going crazy but a friend of mine corroborated this when I told him what happened: 'I thought you had like 16gigs left on your drive' , is what he said.

The people at the store tell me that maybe the drive re-configured itself somehow and they're taking a look as I type these words to see if they can retrieve the data. Have any of you ever heard of anything like that and what do you think my chances of getting my stuff back are?? A studio engineer tells me he's got a great computer guy who retrieved stuff from his drive once before but this guy doesn't have keyboard experience.....what do you guys think?? I know some of you are thinking that they stole my drive (the thought crossed my mind) but the owner of the store assured me that is not the case....I thought maybe they swapped it by mistake but the tech that worked on it assured me he didn't touch the drive....he does think , however , that he formatted the drive instead of the floppy drive by accident......What gives????????

I WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATIVE OF ANY GUIDANCE I CAN RECEIVE. I JOINED THIS GROUP JUST TO POST THIS QUESTION AND I INTEND TO STAY. PEACE,

FEDE
Fede

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: just trying to keep it up top....just for today.... Reply with quote

I'M GOING CRAZY WITH THIS......
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One song or idea lost due to a tech's negligence is one too many as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe they placed the soldering iron cable directly across the hard disk drive when they where soldering in the new damper. The magnet field generated could corrupt the drive.

Quote:
Another interesting bit is that they returned the keyboard to me with 3.9Gigs available....(the total capacity of the empty drive) ; however , my keyboard had a 20Gig hardrive. I thought I was going crazy but a friend of mine corroborated this when I told him what happened: 'I thought you had like 16gigs left on your drive' , is what he said

Sounds more and more like corruption.

Quote:
The people at the store tell me that maybe the drive re-configured itself somehow

Smile And pigs fly. Sorry, but they should be smacked in the face for such a silly comment.

Quote:
Have any of you ever heard of anything like that and what do you think my chances of getting my stuff back are?

I've screwed up two external SCSI drives in my time due to heavy voltage, but I've always retrieved the data by connecting the drives to a computer.

There's a mine field of crazy software on the NET for retrieving data from damaged drives, and even deleted files.

So, if you have a SCSI card in your PC, I'd suggest connecting your TS using the Target mode.

Regards.
Sharp.
Fede

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Thanx SHARP!! Reply with quote

Man.............thanx a lot for your quick reply!! You've given me some hope. Please bare with me because believe it or not , I'm a bit of a cyber-caveman so I may have to hit you back to see if you can clarify some things regarding hooking up the Triton to a computer. If and when I run into trouble I'll reach out , but.....still......thank you so much. Peace,

Federico
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: