Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DJ scratch sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRod926

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: DJ scratch sound Reply with quote

Anyone ever have an N364? There was a scratch sound that was way better(more usable) than the few one-shot hits the newer korgs have...

In any event, I heard about, and at one time used, a program that if you held a big chord and held the sustain pedal you could use/move knob 1 to make a much more variable scratch sound than the one-shot hits within the drumkits. Unfortunately it has been a while and I can no longer remember what patch it was.

So on to the question, - does any1 rememeber which Patch that was? (It may even have been when I had my TritonStudio)

Does any1 out there know where I could find a good scratch sound? One that responds to your movements, - like on a knob, joystick, or even better, on the ribbon controller?

Thanks in advance,
GRod
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out my tutorial here.
There's also two mp3's to download.

Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, forgot the link.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7302
GRod926

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you lots for the speedy response Sharp.

Sounds like a great idea that I may use when I next sequence. Though for this immediate problem I'm not using sequences or loops, - I play in a live band so I'd be playing along with a drummer and we don't use a click track or anything like that. It's all live so I can't have or don't want a beat going on in the background only the scratching. Make sense?

What you've written reminded me though, that the patch I used was a drum kit Program that had an Arp going. I would call up the Program(or Combi?), hit the Arp On/Off button to disarm the Arpeggiator, hold down the sustain pedal, turn the volume down, hit a big chord(octave C's with 5th in left and 1, 3, 5, 1 chord with right), then as long as I held the sustain pedal down the sounds that came out would be there but silenced when knob1 was all the way down to zero, then I would just play with the knob at varying speedys and distances and it sounded great.

Remind you of anything you've seen on these forums? I got the idea from SOMEwhere just don't know where.

If not, any other ideas?

When I get home I wil go through the drum Program/Combis and see if I can find the darn thing...

Thanks again,
GRod
GRod926

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sharp, - just so you know...I found one that works similiar. Doesn't sound as good but you can see what I mean. From the factory sound set of the Extreme - Combi A079 - "Yo, Wasup Dude!". Do as I explained in previous post and you'll see what I mean...

GRod
GRod926

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combi I079 Scratch Street - also works this way Rolling Eyes
go figure.

In any event, as I'm a neophyte when it comes to programming, can you or any1 explain what it is in these combi's that make them work in that way so that I may create my own Combi using the effect. All that I noticed is that they both list knob1 - Mod1 CC#17

Thanks in advance,
GRod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: