Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKorg & USB to MIDI interface question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesonBlade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: MicroKorg & USB to MIDI interface question. Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I recently fitted my computer with a Lexicon Omega USB to multi-interface desktop 'studio.' It has a MIDI interface, naturally enough, but although all of the other inputs work fine enough, when I tried to hook my MicroKorg up to the interface and implement the Sound Editor software (Windows XP), the program did not detect my MicroKorg. I checked the Korg manual and made sure write protection was off and system exclusive was enabled, but to no avail- The program would not detect my synth. Information concerning system exclusive support was nowhere to be found in the Omega manual or on Lexicon's website.

I am new to MIDI. Could anybody edify me as to whether or not my interface supports SysEx, and if it doesn't, what's a relatively cheap USB interface I could get that does?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kpatz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the MicroKorg editor, and click on Setting, then MIDI Devices... You'll see two drop-down boxes, for MIDI IN and MIDI OUT. What devices do you see listed? More than one? You may have to pick the one that corresponds to the MIDI connections to your MK. Try each one in succession and see if it will talk.

Also, (and this is obvious, but if you're new to MIDI, it can be confusing), make sure you connect the MIDI IN and OUT cables to the correct jacks on the back of the MK. If they're labeled "TO MIDI IN" and "TO MIDI OUT" or something like that, hook them up the way they're labeled. If they just say "MIDI IN" and "MIDI OUT", try connecting them the other way (IN cable to OUT on MK and vice versa). If it uses arrows, connect the "in" arrow (the one pointing toward the USB dongle) to the MIDI OUT on the MK, and the "out" arrow to the MIDI IN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: