Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing PA system...need advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Changing PA system...need advice Reply with quote

Hi guys, I need some advice. I currently have a Behringer europower PMX 3000 16 channel 800 watt active mixer and 2x 15" Yamaha Br15 400 RMS watt each speakers. However this set up does not run at 800w. It runs at 400w due to 'ohm' ratings.

I'm not happy with this set up. I want to get something perhaps a bit smaller but better quality and louder. I was looking at behringer speakers but I'm not really sure about the quality of behringer. I have a mixer that is behringer but i'm not all that happy with it.

I was thinking maybe a new setup to have a 16ch mixer, 2x 12" speakers and a subwoofer. I'm unsure of brands etc. I would also need the new system to be louder then my current one. So louder then 400w... enough so i can perform for 300-400 people...maybe even a bit more to be on the safe side.

Anyone have any set up recommendations??
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am asking my question in the right place...right? Come on people...
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll move this over to General Music ... I've seen plenty of these kinds of Q's get answers there. No answer from me though, not my area Wink
higskies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked my band into getting a Carvin powered mixer about five years ago, and we have been happily using it ever since. The only issue we ever had with it was when our drummer chained too many speakers in one signal path, but you sound like you understand ohmage, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. It has four separate power amps for it's four outputs @ 300 watts each. Speakon outputs, four monitor mixes, inserts for each channel, built-in (shoddy) effects. Carvin has others that may be better for what you are looking for, but it is a solid brand you should consider.

(oh yeah, it's less costly to order from them direct carvin.com)
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Might be what I'm after, I shall take a look on the website now. Thanks for that mate Very Happy
Keithie_Boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my band recently bought 3 bose L1 systems with 1 B1 sub and 3 400w wharfedale 15" subs.

it was alot of money for the whole system but heck do we sound good now!

it depends on what setup you have though. it's perfect for us because the L1 sticks go behind us and we can mix ourselves without a sound guy.

for the same money you can buy a bigger pa with much more volume but the bose system is very light and simple small and quick to set up compared to it.

it does feedback right at the limit and its hard to get the vocals loud enough if u have a loud drummer, but if you get the right mic and have the luxury of being more than a couple of feet away from the sound source you will be able to get it loud enough

its's great for small to medium venues, but i wouldnt like to use it for more than 400 people
Keithie_Boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeh here's my band (face the west) if anyone is interested Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y668Tp6J0Ng
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a cool set up, not willing to spend that much though hehe. The video clip is awesome by the way Very Happy
Keithie_Boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: