Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX fading away when is the EMX2 released?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you have to realise they both work hand in hand, and also osc can be converted to midi while the change is made. For example right now you can use osc with ableton live which does not use osc yet.

Also I'm sure it will be compatible with osc(midi that is) in a sence that you can use your current gear along with an osc setup....

but if you look at it this way... say you have ableton which receives midi through a midi interface...... and then say you have an osc device which is connected to your ethernet plug or through an ethernet hub with other osc devices, they're not interfering or taking over extra usb or anything, they just work side by side.

Smile all I gotta say is that I can't wait... I feel like in no time we will have 100% realistic 100% digital turn tables or for example true analogue knobs sending values for volume like -4.3 db.... so on it will just get more presice and more unlimited....
and best of all truly adoptable to your setup and how you want to use it.
supermel74

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty amazing. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better yet imagine using optical sensors or other types of interfaces like even video or sound, to control parameters..

say you have a little video camera setup which can tell where your hands are located in 3d space above your performance table and it can sence the position of each one of your finger(nails)s (lol) in the 3d space in all three axis: x, y, and z.... this makes each one of your finger send up to three control signals not only relative to the other four fingers on that hand in the 3d space but also relative to the whole space.

this means you could create a presicion digital instrument which could be controlled by hand gestures.

obviously this is a little extreme cause the harders part about this application would be creating the intrument but this is already possible because simple modular environments like reaktor and max/msp already implement the osc protocol.

but do not forget that like midi it's just a means for devices to talk with each other.... how companies will implement it if it does catch on is up to them.

http://opensoundcontrol.org/
citrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or this which has just come out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE-lJzKIzDE&mode=related&search=
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude I saw previews of that like a year ago, there's nothing exciting about it..... Rolling Eyes it's nothing more then a monome with some software built in...
citrus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know its old hat but i just thought i'd share, still it seems way overpriced for something that looks like it was made by Matel rather than Yamaha. So, do you get midi theramins then? i thought they just spat out sound, maybe an electribe with a virtual ribbon controller is in the pipeline (Theratribe?). Wasn't there a light keyboard already played by Jean Michelle Jarre? See i'm starting to wonder how far the technology goes... i mean where does it end. What aboout keyboards where the keys are touch sensitive oleds that have parameters to alter whilst you play, devices that allow simultaneous jamming over the internet, oscillators etc controlled purely by thought, how far does it go?
supermel74

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I hear you man. If the new Electribe doesn't have Thought Controlled Oscillators(TCOs) I'm not buying it.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wait is over :

http://www.korg.de/3071.html?&no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=996&tx_ttnews[backPid]=556&cHash=b7b89c80ff

... okay, not quite Wink Looks fun. It's like the EMX ribbon control/arp taken to a new level.

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: