Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade PA800 os

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanjai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Upgrade PA800 os Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

I am Sanjai and new to this forum.
I owned for the last 3 years a pa60 and was very satisfied.
The only thing was that i could not play real dholak styles.
So after reading many forums E80/PA800/T2 here i finally bought the pa800.

After unpakking the first challange os version 1.01 hmmm.

I upgraded to os 1.51 with music resource 1.50.
So do i still have to remap the drums (1.01 to 1.02) ???
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade PA800 os Reply with quote

Sanjai wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I am Sanjai and new to this forum.
I owned for the last 3 years a pa60 and was very satisfied.
The only thing was that i could not play real dholak styles.
So after reading many forums E80/PA800/T2 here i finally bought the pa800.

After unpakking the first challange os version 1.01 hmmm.

I upgraded to os 1.51 with music resource 1.50.
So do i still have to remap the drums (1.01 to 1.02) ???

Hello Sanjai:

If you had OS 1.0.1 and did not upgrade to 1.02 and upgraded direclty to 1.5.1 than yes you must follow the direction given by Krog to update the user and factory drum kits because Korg added new format for the user drum kits starting with OS 1.02. Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy
Sanjai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fahim,

So i have to convert the all the drumkits also if I already upgraded my music resource to 1.50.
Sanjai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fahim,

I also read in the other topic that you have some dholak/table styles.
Please can you share them with me ?

Regards,
Sanjai
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanjai wrote:
Hello Fahim,

I also read in the other topic that you have some dholak/table styles.
Please can you share them with me ?

Regards,
Sanjai

Hello Sanjai:

Per Korg's "Note to OS version 1.02": OS version 1.02 uses a new format for Drum Kits. After installing the OS, please convert all Drum Kits(Facotry or User) making use of User Samples to the new format and must be repeated with all the Drum Kits in memory(assuming they are making use of User Samples). Also they are saying it should be repeated with all the Drum Kits, making use of User Samples, CREATED BEFORE INSTALLING OPERATING SYSTEM 1.02.

Sanjai:

This only applies if you are going to load durm kits from SETS that are made on Korg Pa800 prior to this upgrade or on Other Korg Pa's. But when you got your Pa800 with OS 1.5 and all the SETs on your keyboard were already updated and therefore no need to update what you have on yours. In your Pa800 OS installation package look for Pa800-102U-Readme.pdf. Best of luck.

Fahim,
Very Happy
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question on this topic too. I'm a bit confused bout the whole drum conversion thing. I done it once to this set i used to use...now i use a different set that i did not create on my pa800. The drums sound fine...do i still have to do a conversion?
Sanjai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fahim,

So i loaded directly 1.01 to 1.51 and refilled it with the music recource version 1.50.
I think that in the music resource all the converted drumkits are added.

Today i loaded the indian styles and it seems that every thing is fine.
Also to help Mr.korg, Fahim is there a way to check that the drumlit is updated/converted?

Thanks,
Sanjai
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanjai wrote:
Hello Fahim,

So i loaded directly 1.01 to 1.51 and refilled it with the music recource version 1.50.
I think that in the music resource all the converted drumkits are added.

Today i loaded the indian styles and it seems that every thing is fine.
Also to help Mr.korg, Fahim is there a way to check that the drumlit is updated/converted?

Thanks,
Sanjai

Hi guys:

I do not know a lot about Korg but from my experience so far if there is no problem with the SET that you just loaded than why should you do the hectic process of converting the Drum Kits to the new format. My self also had some old Krog Pa SETs (not Pa800) that I loaded and had no problem. But why Korg want us do this, there must a good reason which I really do not know. It took me a long time to do this process. I still have mapping problem with the Drum Kits and so far I could not tell the difference. Hope Q.E, Nedim or Rob read this post and give us a hint or info. About your question on how to tell the Drum Kits are updated or converted. I really do not know because I still have mapping issues. Sorry that I could not be much of help.... But we all are still learning and there are experts on this forum that always been there for us. So no worry and someone hopefully soon give us an answer and direction.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy Embarassed
Sanjai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fahim,

Thanks for now, it makes clear that there not a clear answer yet.

I agree, let's callup QE,Nedim or Rob.
Guys please help us out here !

Regards,
Sanjai
Q.E

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanjai wrote:
Hi Fahim,

Thanks for now, it makes clear that there not a clear answer yet.

I agree, let's callup QE,Nedim or Rob.
Guys please help us out here !

Regards,
Sanjai

ok sanjai bhai sahab here we go :

1st of all PA800 is a revolution in arrangers world once again..it has soooo many great features that no other arranger will come close, specially your last keyboard "PA60"...I HAVE A pa80 which is a more stronger version of pa60, but still to me the pa50,60, and pa80 now is a TOY...lol

if you ever read the manual of the PA800 , you will notice the amazing features that korg added to this model....so you are on the right track for sure...

as far as mapping your pa60 drum kits, well one thing that is not going right from my point of view is, when you convert styles from older korg keyboards, it doesn't sound like the original, even the effect and EQ system is a huge different when you convert them into pa800 styles..

here is what you do :

after loading you PA60 styles into PA800, select your drum track, while the style is playing, then keep changing the drum kits to your desire taste and save it under CURRENT STYLE ..this is one of the ways..

OR save the drum kits from your PA60 on to a floppy, then load them back into your PA800 via USB , perhaps you can do the same thing with all tracks and sounds that was used for those styles, if you wanna keep their originalities ...

i hope i answered your question !!

good luck..

Last edited by Q.E on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanjai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qader bhai,

Ab ka bhahut sukriya.

Thanks for the tips and i am now busy going thru the manual specially the addon edit/sample manual.

So Qader i think our question was not very clear any more but this started with the upgrade process and converting the old drumtracks.
See the os manual upgrade 1.0 to 1.02.

I got my pa800 with 1.01 and i upgarded directly to 1.51 with the new 1.50 music resource.

So the question is do i still have to convert the drumkits or are they alreay converted when i loaded the new music resource 1.50 ?

Regards,
Sanjai
Q.E

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanjai wrote:
Hi Qader bhai,

Ab ka bhahut sukriya.

Thanks for the tips and i am now busy going thru the manual specially the addon edit/sample manual.

So Qader i think our question was not very clear any more but this started with the upgrade process and converting the old drumtracks.
See the os manual upgrade 1.0 to 1.02.

I got my pa800 with 1.01 and i upgarded directly to 1.51 with the new 1.50 music resource.

So the question is do i still have to convert the drumkits or are they alreay converted when i loaded the new music resource 1.50 ?

Regards,
Sanjai

ok, sanjai bhai..

first of all that is a very good idea to upgrade your OS to 1.51v with resources.....which i am sure you already did..

now as far as converting anything, YOU DON'T HAVE TO CONVERT ANYTHING at this point of time...

when NEW musical resources are loaded into a pa800, it puts ALL the factory sounds, settings and styles (PRESETS) back into pa800, so i find no need to do anything with drum kits or any other parts at this point, unless you load your PA60 style, then you have to do the above (my previous post) changes in your pa800 ...

i hope i understood you this time..

and as far as your dholak samples, definitely PA800 will make you happy...like fahim jan menioned b4, you can load your dholak samples in PA800 and use the "time slice" function you split them into pieces and reform a complete beat out of them...some ppl uses computer programs to do all that and load them back into PA800, which makes each sample more accurate and strong...

take care..

good luck..
Sanjai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qader,

Manny thanks i got my answer.
Hope Fahim reads this.

Regards,
Sanjai
JerryT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm a little confused. Can you just upgrade from OS 1.01 directly to OS 1.51? I know that it is necessary to load the 1.50 resourses. Is that all there is to it, or are there other steps necessary?
Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry
Q.E

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerryT wrote:
Sorry, but I'm a little confused. Can you just upgrade from OS 1.01 directly to OS 1.51? I know that it is necessary to load the 1.50 resourses. Is that all there is to it, or are there other steps necessary?
Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

well, i didn't see anything on the korg official site about upgrading your OS to an earlier version b4 you can install the 1.51v.....so i say just upgrade it to the newest 1.51v at this date 09-16-07....with the musical resources..here is the link good luck..

http://korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa800_soft.html?en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: