Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pitch Bend : How to assign 3 KEYS bEnD~~~URGENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shahid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Pitch Bend : How to assign 3 KEYS bEnD~~~URGENT Reply with quote

Hi,

Pitch bend (Joy Stick) wheel is on default position which is 1 tone (semi+semi) bend. How can I change this bend to more keys 3 or 4 or so ???

I can find the setting in Menu>Mixer Tuning>Tuning> BP sensitivity an it allows to change Pitch Bend range for each track but how about if I wanna change the range for live playing OR

I have a sequence gonna be say in ACC4 track and I require 2 different pitch Bend ranges in it, It's a SITAR musical piece Wink

1- First range 2 keys as it's PB's is normal.
2- Second range 3 keys Shocked

Thanks in advance
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really understand your question, to me it sounds impossible,
what do you mean by 2 ranges?
shahid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, I couldn't make you understand about my question. Let me try to explain my question again.

Pitch Bender normally bends the sound pitch up to 2 keys, like pressing first white C and using full pitch bend takes the sound to second white D key.

Now, I have to play some Sitar/Violin musical pieces where I need to use Pitch bender but the pieces sequence needs following Pitch bend ranges in the same musical pieces sequence.

= From C to D which is fine, Pitch bender can do it with its normal settings.

= From C to D# (D# is also known as Eb)

I can record the musical piece into 2 bits, each bit after changing the Pitch bend range.

In the style record Mode, only the I can find is just use same pitch Bend range for both parts sequences, record them and then go to Menu > Events > and now change the Pitch bend range here by increasing the numbers (values).
Booby

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

this is very simple.
Use the maximum range (3 semi-tones in your case) available in the Edit -> Tuning page and write all your sequence using this one.

The time you need a 2 semi-tone steps you will use a pitch bend value (the pitch bend midi control I mean) of 2/3 of the whole range (or just using your ears), when in need of 3 semi-tones you will use the pitch bend with its maximum value. You know that the pitch bend midi control has different values (positive and negative) and using different values you can have both 2 and 3 semitones in the same Tuning setting. More difficult to say than done, with a sequencer (internal or external it doesn't matter) you can do an accurate editing very easily.

Hope this help.

Regards.
shahid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have got your point and that's what I want to do, a negative value of 3 semi-tones or so.
I will try and get back if any problem.

Regards
Shahid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: