Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa2x - A new perspective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Pa2x - A new perspective Reply with quote

I don't understand all the negative vibes on this forum about the new Pa2x.
Where were the complaints when the pa1xPro Elite was released?
This is not meant to be an entirely new keyboard hence the Pax label. This keyboard is probably the best thing that could happen to pa1x owners. It has not made the pa1x obsolete yet it addresses most of the issues that have been raised. For new entrants to the arranger keyboard market this has got to be the keyboard of choice.
We need to remember the primary function of this keyboard is not a sampler or workstation but an arranger. Most of the complaints are centred around loading times for samples and no one even knows how long this takes yet!
Look at the improvements:
USB Host
120 polyphony
Lighter/smaller
Many more sounds
Better Touch Screen
Phantom Power for your Mic
I WANT ONE!! Surprised
John
keyboard
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rueben

I tend to agree with you.....This new Pa2x is enough for for me to consider going back to Korg again...It has everything I would like to have in an arranger...

The sampling is not that critical for me.....I am just going to have to wait and hear what this new improved Sound Engine is all about......The most important thing to me is the styles..

If the tools are in place, to create Styles, I think that this one will be a keeper for a while....

Ron
galettouille
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!
Not a revolution, but 8x more sample RAM, smaller, better touch screen, etc...For me this tool is better than my PA1x.
Booby

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

agree with this thread.

I've got a Pa1X in 2003 and now in 2007 it's a different machine, including a lot of improvements in os, styles, songbook, whatever. Korg did a great job with all these improvements, and this model had a longer life than any Yamaha, Roland or Ketron product: I get the maximum from my money, I frankly believe. It's not sure we will get any future update, who knows, but with the Pa2X coming I doubt this.

Anybody talks about Pa2X pushing the lack of memory (need minimum Gbytes), EXBs, repacked technology, copy of the Pa800 ... and lack of technology. But these products are not computers (even if going everytime closer) and are mostly not using computer components. So cannot find here the same economy of scale, with very different production number involved. And I'm not sure that Korg engineers are so stupid as someone say: the 1 GB solution of Tyros with 1 hours of loading time it's a perfect spec for the catalogue, but nothing that will fit our daylife needs. I invite anybody to consider a spec and its application togheter, not just the number alone.

For me is a natural evolution, not revolution, of a product that seems more and more solid, with lots of features that other brands can only dream. And anyway the list from Sartorius enlight the fact that something new is in. And new os maybe able to increase this list, at least hope so.

Regarding being a copy of the Pa800: it's clear and stated also in the official info page, as reported also by others, but if the sturdy construction, 76 keys, tiltable display, sliders, xlr/phantom connectors, and others makes the difference (as it do for me) your product is Pa2X, otherwise go for a Pa800. It's Korg itself suggesting you this, another sign that this brand is onest with us.

Ok, just my thought, this weekend I will have time to check better the info and specs just to get the whole picture.

Best regards.
UKSimon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firmly agree.

There are more differences between the PA800 and the Pa2xpro then there ever was between the Pa1x and the Pa1xpro.
Nobody complained when the Pa1xpro came out that it was not the technological leap from the Pa1x. It was identical but with 76 keys, no speakers and a hard drive.

Perhaps if Korg has called the new board the PA800pro people might have a better perspective.

Simon
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKSimon wrote:
Firmly agree.

There are more differences between the PA800 and the Pa2xpro then there ever was between the Pa1x and the Pa1xpro.
Nobody complained when the Pa1xpro came out that it was not the technological leap from the Pa1x. It was identical but with 76 keys, no speakers and a hard drive.

Perhaps if Korg has called the new board the PA800pro people might have a better perspective.

Simon

i not agree 100%

there are 2 differences between PA800 and PA2X which are very important for me

- tiltable Display
- 9 realtime Faders - can´t live without them for live playing

i think this are 2 big points for PA800PROOOOOOOOOOOOO called PA2X

cu
Detlef Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
emir82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever something new comes out, there is bound to be negativity. Take Windows Vista for example, the most flamed piece of software ever written. However, as time goes on, people are slowly merging onto it and away from Windows XP. PA2X is another example. Some negativity has been shown throughout the music/keyboard forums i particapate in. This is simply due to people being dissapointed about the features of the PA2X. They expected more, bigger, better, faster features from it.

Personally, i really cannot comment on the PA2X. I have owned a PA1X for about 8 months now. Have been playing it daily ever since. And i think i've merely learnt 30% of its features and how to use them. So from this i cannot comment on the PA2X since i may or may not know exactly what and how big the upgrades of it over the pA1x are. However... one features that really did catch my attention is ofcourse the infamous RAM upgrade. I play bosnian, serb, cro and related assortment of music, and hence try to replicate a one-man-band scenario. I'm not into producing or anything more serious than personal enjoyment, and future live gigs. A lot of sounds, styles, we use are difficult to re-create (or are not featured) on the pa1x. So, this is where samples play a major role. 32mb on the pa1x just doesnt cut it in my opinion which has forced me to buy another solo synth, triton extreme. And once again now, this is exactly WHY PA2X has caught my eye so much. up to 256MB sampling room! At this stage its looking likely to replace both my TE and pa1x. But time will tell i guess.

SO in my opinion, i guess, PA2X's sampling upgrade/boost will be its best ticket to popularity over other arranger keyboards.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I guess the dissappointment for me stems from the fact that the PA1X was Korgs flagship arranger and after 4 years at the top, its successor was hardly much of an upgrade. The truth is Korg has served us very well with excellent OS upgrades that have spoiled us. My existing instrument was being transformed after each upgrade without me paying a penny and the PA1X i own today is just a new instrumenet literally. So when the PA800 arived i was disappointed then because there did not seem all that much that appeared new as my own keyboard had been invigorated by the very gracious Korg Company. Now the PA2X is here , there just does not seem to be that much of a jump from what i already own. The crucial point for me is the sound. There is very little difference between the sound quality of the PA1X and the PA800 and i guess now the PA2X but i will resrve judgement. I just thought that after nearly 5 years of the PA1X , that Korg would have come up with some truly inovative jumps forward. A tiltable screen existed on the yamaha for at least 3 years and the increase in poly existed on other top arrangers for again at least 2 years. The increased ram is really welcome but not an innovation.

I am not whining. Korg have blessed me with an awesome instrument and i have not used even 30% of its capabilities and then i have not pushed my creative abilities to apply that knowledge of my instrument to new situation yet ....but i will. I am afraid that i will have to pass on the PA2X for now until someone can show me sonically why i should change.
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Hi everyone. I guess the dissappointment for me stems from the fact that the PA1X was Korgs flagship arranger and after 4 years at the top, its successor was hardly much of an upgrade. The truth is Korg has served us very well with excellent OS upgrades that have spoiled us. My existing instrument was being transformed after each upgrade without me paying a penny and the PA1X i own today is just a new instrumenet literally. So when the PA800 arived i was disappointed then because there did not seem all that much that appeared new as my own keyboard had been invigorated by the very gracious Korg Company. Now the PA2X is here , there just does not seem to be that much of a jump from what i already own. The crucial point for me is the sound. There is very little difference between the sound quality of the PA1X and the PA800 and i guess now the PA2X but i will resrve judgement. I just thought that after nearly 5 years of the PA1X , that Korg would have come up with some truly inovative jumps forward. A tiltable screen existed on the yamaha for at least 3 years and the increase in poly existed on other top arrangers for again at least 2 years. The increased ram is really welcome but not an innovation.

I am not whining. Korg have blessed me with an awesome instrument and i have not used even 30% of its capabilities and then i have not pushed my creative abilities to apply that knowledge of my instrument to new situation yet ....but i will. I am afraid that i will have to pass on the PA2X for now until someone can show me sonically why i should change.

worth - you talking 100% out of my soul.

cu
Detlef Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad, stupid and funny at the same time...i'll stay away... Sad
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen Al, I respect your improvements and ideas behind this issue, BUT, We did not say that KORG is PIECE OF S....
I use Korg evry week, and this great KB gives me my living and lots of joj!
I simply love this KB , The problem is , YOU guys are (sory for saying this ), lite to NAIV!
WHIT RESPECT!!!
After 4 years of PAX series it shud be MUUUUCHHH better flagship, NOT an replacement whit same name and only an 2 side of it.
You must undars tand what this means , USE EXB, Use more newer Tech, and first of al, USE WHAT YOU REALY CAN USE, not, (CAN I USE)
Think a litle while, This PA2X is not BAD, is only already OLD,
Dont ya think?
NOW DONT BE MAD AT ME NOW, i just wanna say that there is a great market for better KORG than an (2)X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: