Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Pattern

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turner24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Drum Pattern Reply with quote

Thanks for taking a moment to read this query. I've really tried to resolve the matter through endless hours of reading the Basic Guide and the Parameter Guide for TS and far more hours than I'd care to mention n actually learning about the various menu's & options that exist. My issue is: II just cannot understand how to include a PRESET Drum pattern into a SEQ track. I realise that I'm doing something basically wrong or mis-undertood some fundamental principles...this doesn't help much when the frustration increases.

From the start - I'm in SEQ mode, S000: NEW SONG. Via the drop down menu I use 'copy from Combi' & load I-A000 Stereo Piano (with effects, track 1-8, auto adjust Arp etc' (OK). Then I change track 2 Jazz/Bush Kits to 'Standard Kit 1' (OK) At this moment if I press Sequencer Start/ Stop - i've no drum pattern ( or sounds). Then to try & use a PRESET drum pattern I follow - MENU (the button), the P6 (Pattern/RPPR), then I see an option 'Pattern' User/ Preset'. If I select PRESET & then say ' P00: Pop&balad 1/std', then Menu (the button), then P0 Play/Rec (the touch screen), I'm back to where I started.....but if I press the Sequencer Start/Stop button...why doesn't the PRESET drum pattern then play as I tinker on the keyboard??? Totally confused and really frustrated

Could anyone shed some light on this for me please. I thought that by using a PRESET drum pattern I could learn aboput matters prior to creating a pattern myself (which I've actually done) but I can no more load this into a NEW SONG as I can for a PRESET drum pattern!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From the start - I'm in SEQ mode, S000: NEW SONG. Via the drop down menu I use 'copy from Combi' & load I-A000 Stereo Piano (with effects, track 1-8, auto adjust Arp etc' (OK). Then I change track 2 Jazz/Bush Kits to 'Standard Kit 1' (OK) At this moment if I press Sequencer Start/ Stop - i've no drum pattern ( or sounds).

That's because at this exact point, your on the wrong midi channel. The COMBI you copied in is designed so that what you play comes from the 1G channel, where the rest is generated by the Arpeg.

And knowing KORG, this generated data is activated by channel 7 or 8. Normally both if two arpegs are being used.

If you switched back to track one, and hit the arpeg button, everything would work.

You don't have to live with this, but in order to get around it you really need to take a long look at the setup that the COMBI has in order to truly understand what's going on here.

Regards.
Sharp.
turner24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp - thank you very much for your response. I can now start to look at matters in more detail....on this ocassion, I didn't know where to even start looking, so thanks for pointing this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: