Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG ZERO8 Setup Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catalystg5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: KORG ZERO8 Setup Help Reply with quote

Hi all, ive just bought my zero8, unfortunately ive been trying to set it up onto ableton for about 6hrs. What do i have to do in order to setup the headphones, and if i put the channels to audio+midi why does only one channel work in ableton. Im only new to ableton so if someone could help me out it wold be greatly appreciated. Thanks
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To set up headphone cue in Ableton:

1. You need to open the Ableton prefs and select the Audio tab.
2. In Audio, make sure you have your Audio outputs and Inputs set the way you want. I personally turn on all the Stereo Inputs and Outputs.
3. Goto the MIDI tab in Ableton prefs. Under Zero8 MIDI 2 make sure that all three boxes are checked green.
4. Close Ableton prefs.
5. Make sure that the I/O button is highlighted by the Ableton master volume control on the computer screen. This will bring up the Input/Output settings for each channel.
6. Select the Master out and set it for one of your Outputs.
7. Select the Cue out and set it for another Output different from your master.
8. On the Zero 8, you need to set the channel for your CUE assignment to either Audio or Audio + MIDI.
9. Press the Cue button for that channel on the Zero 8.
10. Now you can use the Cue buttons on the Ableton software, and the audio will play on the channel you have set on the mixer and you can monitor through the headphones.

This method works, but you will not be able to use the CUE channel for mixing in Ableton because you lose some of your MIDI functionality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: