Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

calibration/ can I post this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudolfck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: calibration/ can I post this? Reply with quote

hello, it seems that some people would like to know about the procedure to calibrate their sceen, possibly other things (ribbon/vjs, etc.)
I have the instructions from KORG (usa), but I am not supposed to
share this. So, Dan or anybody else from Korg RD/ support etc., can I post this or not?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: calibration/ can I post this? Reply with quote

rudolfck wrote:
hello, it seems that some people would like to know about the procedure to calibrate their sceen, possibly other things (ribbon/vjs, etc.)
I have the instructions from KORG (usa), but I am not supposed to
share this. So, Dan or anybody else from Korg RD/ support etc., can I post this or not?

The official answer is that anyone who needs this information should be able to get it from their Korg distributor.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
rudolfck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: calibrate again!! Reply with quote

Dan wrote

The official answer is that anyone who needs this information should be able to get it from their Korg distributor.

Now see this thread over at Karma
http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=9a8a16649159485ffab24d44245b56b2&threadid=10435&perpage=15&pagenumber=3]
Notice that this user reports that (in Germany at least)
ANY Korg Support has the official order, not to share those details with their customers

I guess I was lucky to get the pdf file. It is just one page and the instructions are clear and anybody can do it, you do not have to be a certified repair man or have a PhD in engineering (the procedure is all software driven, and part of the OS).
As I suspected a while ago, the function button has a function.
Korg should make this info available to every user IMHO if requested if they believe they have a problem with their screen, VJS Ribbon etc.
pandel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to add something 'cause it's my posting over there...

I got an answer from our support, that the technician is absolutely not allowed to give away any kind of information which is declared as confidential. I told him, that I definitely would not bring in my O only because of a calibration issue! A hardware defect would be a totally other thing, surely I wouldn't try to repair for myself! But calibration? He told me then that he'd discuss this special question internally and I'm waiting for the answer. If he really has this order I can understand why he doesn't simply send me the file but let's see what happens!

And regarding rudolf's quoting: I wonder how the orders are given throughout all Korg support locations. In one country you can simply ask for information and get it, in another one they tell you, none of the country supports is allowed to send you those details, and perhaps there are other variations of this as well.

Generally, I think, that if someone's O has lost its guaranty, he should be provided with all service information without any problem. Like a repair manual for a car! It's his device! And if he decides to repair or whatever, than he should be able to. And if the d*mn thing doesn't work anymore after the self made tuning attempts, he has to pay for what has to be done to get it going again!
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: calibrate again!! Reply with quote

rudolfck wrote:
Dan wrote

Now see this thread over at Karma

Yes, I've read the thread. A support technician for the Korg distributor in Germany, Musik Meyer's "Korg & More" division, told the customer that they could not provide the information. They also stated that this was a general Korg policy.

On the other hand, Korg USA, a direct subsidiary of Korg Inc., is the distributor in the USA, and has provided you (rudolfck) with the information already.

Korg is not a monolithic worldwide organization; many distributors are independent companies. So, it is not surprising that there will occasionally be different policies, with all operating in completely good faith. I am now in communication with the distributor in question.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
pandel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: calibrate again!! Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
... there will occasionally be different policies, with all operating in completely good faith.

No question about this.

Many many thanks to all involved in this. I officially got the necessary information today and will try to handle my problem this weekend.

Again, many many thanks, especially to you Dan and Alexander Hinz (german support, very friendly guy), who had to deal with my annoyance! Smile Smile
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW ... my understanding is that Korg's intent is not to make the calibration a big secret, but rather to ensure that anyone doing the calibration has an open channel of communication with Korg support prior to performing procedure; in case there is any need for assistance. I recognize this approach from using it myself for more sensitive support ops.

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: