Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg CDRW doesnt work - what are my options?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukhraj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Korg CDRW doesnt work - what are my options? Reply with quote

Hi,

Just had it confirmed that my original Korg CDRW does not work anymore. I cannot afford to spend the £250 or so on an original replacement. What can I use in the meanwhile as an option for sampling etc including the ability to do 'audio ripping' from a CD?

I have got a Belkin SCSI kit which has got a SCSI & USB cable. If I was to buy another normal CDRW drive, what is the best way to connect all this, in order for it function like my previous Korg CDRW, i.e. do all the same things such as Audio Ripping?

I've also read on this forum that you can buy a Panasonic UJDA760 laptop drive, which apparently can work as a replacement for the Korg CDRW-1 drive. Can anyone confirm this please?

I will be grateful for your assistance.

Thanks
Audiomajik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to a used computer store and buy a SCSI cable and a CD burner. That worked for me. I load .aif & wav files as well as back up my MIDI data that way. I have never had the original CD-R drive in mine.
sukhraj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I went to a local electric store which usually has everything, but surprisingly they don't sell SCSI CD burners anymore. However, the problem has now been rectified and it was due to the SCSI option being set to the wrong thing in the 'Global' mode.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: