Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXB-DI
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcOne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the EXB-DI installed in my Oasys 76. I have it connected to the digital input of my Apogee rosetta 800, and the audio seems to work fine so far. With the rosetta acting as the master clock for my G5/DP5 rig, no additional clock seems necessary for the Oasys. Quality sounds pretty great, but one thing is bothering me. Even with the timbre(s) that I am recording turned up to 127 volume, and the global volume slider all the way up, I can't really get more than between -18 db and -12db level. It sometimes reaches -10 as a "peak" and sometimes goes down to around -24. The sounds aren't exactly "whimpy" either. They sound really good when turned up, however the level getting printed is really small. Should I be concerned about this? It doesn't seem right. Has anyopne else had this problem? I'm hoping there is an easy answer to this.
Thanks for any input.
paulifra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do have exactly the same problem.
exb-di from the oasys connected to a yamaha 01v96 v2.

The maximum signal is always when hard played between the -12 and -18 db.

Please can anyone have a reaction , maybe from korg ???.

How do i raise the signal ? Mixer sliders are set to 0 ( maximum ) level
MarcOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's been amonth since I posted this question. thanks for chiming in.
Can anyone please provide any guidance about this issue? I'm sure it's a widespread thing, and maybe the answer is really straightforward.
Is this a digital audio issue or a Korg issue?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcOne wrote:
Yes, it's been amonth since I posted this question. thanks for chiming in.
Can anyone please provide any guidance about this issue? I'm sure it's a widespread thing, and maybe the answer is really straightforward.
Is this a digital audio issue or a Korg issue?

marc,

I would suggest contacting Korg USA Product Support to see what they say. They should be able to test this.
paulifra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone is a usa man.

My expierence is that the best i can do as a dutchman is posting here about my problems.

This is one of the few not answered questions.

I appriciate your reaction martinhines, i find you on different forums, very good, but your advise, thank you for that, but don't you think that is not the question here.

:I would suggest contacting Korg USA Product Support to see what they say.:

That is an answer i can paste in every question here on the forum.

If we all do that, product support can not even work for very serious solutions.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcOne wrote:
I have the EXB-DI installed in my Oasys 76. I have it connected to the digital input of my Apogee rosetta 800, and the audio seems to work fine so far. With the rosetta acting as the master clock for my G5/DP5 rig, no additional clock seems necessary for the Oasys. Quality sounds pretty great, but one thing is bothering me. Even with the timbre(s) that I am recording turned up to 127 volume, and the global volume slider all the way up, I can't really get more than between -18 db and -12db level. It sometimes reaches -10 as a "peak" and sometimes goes down to around -24. The sounds aren't exactly "whimpy" either. They sound really good when turned up, however the level getting printed is really small. Should I be concerned about this? It doesn't seem right. Has anyopne else had this problem? I'm hoping there is an easy answer to this.
Thanks for any input.

The nominal peak volume for a single voice of any voice model, with default settings, is -12dB. This is designed to reduce the likelihood of clipping, since up to 172 voices may be playing simultaneously. Various things can increase the volume of a single voice beyond this point, such as turning up all levels in EXi with multiple signal sources, enabling +12dB for RAM samples, using effects with positive gain, and so on.

As a test, try putting a Stereo Mastering Limiter in TFX2 (or in an insert effect, if you're using multiple output busses). Bypass the effect itself; just look at the meters. They should correlate with meters that you see for the OASYS ADAT outputs in DP5.

You also mention clocking. You are probably already familiar with this, but just to make sure: if you have only the ADAT output of the OASYS connected to the ADAT input of the Apogee, and no digital signal (BNC word clock or S/PDIF) going back to the OASYS, then the OASYS must be set to use its internal clock, and the Apogee must be set to use the clock from the ADAT input.

I hope that this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: