Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A neat little trick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pagey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: A neat little trick Reply with quote

Before I brought the Extreme I used to have problems with my Classic switching between combi's as there are big differences in volume from patch to patch which could be tricky when playing live or at practice.

A neat way to get all your sounds to a similar level is to hit the sample tab, arm the REC mode and use the db gauge to adjust the volumes for your patches.

A neat little trick Very Happy

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
emir82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good little trick, i've tried it, can see the level of the volume alternating on the bar, my question is how do you 'adjust' the volume of the patch/program while in the Seq tab?? Or do you have to keep swapping the tabs?
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, that's wrong approach to it.

Keyboard should be mixed in way that all your programs and combis have the same gain in overall, with differences in programs that are supposed to have different power, of course, but main mix should be unique.

I spent one whole day with my gear all set up in room. Connected Extreme to mixer, amplifier and speakers and monitored the output, then adjusted all combis the way that the loudest sounds in combi (solo sounds etc.) are at the same level, meaning they all produce equal velocity.

If you manage output in sampling mode, on live performance it can't be handy.

When I start playing I don't even touch volume slider for the whole night. Background sounds are programed in combi to have lower gain, solo sounds higher and that's it.
pagey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I start playing I don't even touch volume slider for the whole night. Background sounds are programed in combi to have lower gain, solo sounds higher and that's it.

That was my whole idea behind it so that I dont have to touch the volume when playing live. The instruments are all set at different levels within the sequence or combi but before doing this i found some patches were just too loud and i found myself having to adjust the main volume mid set.

This is just an easy way of seeing where you need say a lead sound to cut through everything else and know its going to be at the right volume.

I totally agree the best way of monitoring it would be to have everything set up as tho at a gig or at practice and monitor the levels that way but unfortunately away from the practice/gig situation I don't always have the time to do this and the neighbours & children certainly dont appreciate me playing at full throttle on an evening!!! Very Happy

I just thought it was a neat way of doing it in the above circumstances and its a feature that the classic didn't have that i find useful : Idea

[quote]Sounds like a good little trick, i've tried it, can see the level of the volume alternating on the bar, my question is how do you 'adjust' the volume of the patch/program while in the Seq tab?? Or do you have to keep swapping the tabs? [quote]

Yes unfortunately you do have to keep swapping but its not really a problem for me

shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't always have the time to do this and the neighbours & children certainly dont appreciate me playing at full throttle on an evening

Tell me about it, same situation here, I don't have children but very sensitive neighbors above and below me so I play on headphones most of the time, rarely on speakers.

But had luck with one restaurant owner - he let me take my gear to his place for one whole day and I just knocked myself out setting everything up.

Try doing that and you won't have to adjust anything on stage. It's easier to play when everything sounds just perfect and you don't have to intervene now and then.
pagey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go try and find a land lord to bribe, sounds like a plan! Very Happy

muzikman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!... nice !!! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: