Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KaossTheory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyke1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: KaossTheory Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

just thought I'd say hello and ask a silly question at the same time.

I have got my mits on a Kaoss Pad kp3 and it looks divine, however having read the manual it only appears to be able to be linked to either a DJ mixer or a CD player via line in & out jacks. Yes I know I'm naive but I would like to edit tunes while they are playing on my computer through itunes, winamp or Ableton live. Can I do this via the usb connection or is that only for the editing software.

help !!!!
subVert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no audio transmitted on the USB. The KP3 is marketed primarily as a DJ tool which is probably why they only show dj mixers or cd players, but there is nothing stopping you from using it in any other audio function.

When I feel like tossing the KP3 into an audio production, I either

a) create a loop from one of the tracks in my production, load it into the KP3 and play it back into my sequencer software with the output connected to my soundcard (you can use live for this)

b) Have the output of my computer going into the KP3 and the KP3 out going into the computer and armed to record on a fresh track. I just record track after track while playing around and then go back and grab anything that sounds good and use it to spice up the song.

I'm not sure how you would use it with winamp or itunes unless you were putting on a live performance and then the software would be functioning just like a cd player.
t1mp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use it right now to run my keyboards through, kinda like a pod in a way. works great fed into a amp too. you can do alot with the kp3, just experiment a lil Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: