Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is this possible with karma?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: is this possible with karma? Reply with quote

is karma generated midi data coming out of midi/usb out?

is it possible to use karma to record complex midi data into external sequencer?
wan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's very possible, i've got a M3 but this is garantueed also available on the OASYS.
ldascanio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: is this possible with karma? Reply with quote

Vadim wrote:

is it possible to use karma to record complex midi data into external sequencer?

Hi:

It's totally possible by using MIDI terminals (but not directly by using USB).
That's valid also for controlling any other MIDI device with KARMA as other keyboards or any softsynth in your computer....

USB in OASYS is not intended for connection to a computer but for mass storage instead.
You could save all your KARMA performances in the OASYS sequencer and then save it to an USB device as MIDI file to be read in your computer, but it's not possible to send MIDI data in real time through the USB port.

Rgds.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: is this possible with karma? Reply with quote

Vadim wrote:

I do it all the time,Invariably syncing the Oasys with the Roland MV8800 setup the Karma to play a drum groove or other part and then tweak all the parameters in realtime whilst recording the data into the MV.

You could also do it by recording the data into the Oasys sequencer and then exporting that to your external seq as a .Mid file

If you wish to do it in realtime into your External device just make sure that your global settings for the Karma data to be sent to external means is set correctly.its in the Pull down menuas in Global mode Midi page I think You may have to as well dependant on which mode your doing the Karma tweaks in,say Combi,set the external track status your tweaking to "EXT",then once you've recorded the data to your sequencer set it back to "INT"

As for Program mode,I would assume that it just transmits the data on the Global midi channel to your external Device,I've never utilised it in program mode so not sure.

As for USB transmission,I thought the Oasys ports were for hosting devices to open within the Oasys interface rather than for streaming and connecting to an external PC like say the M3 and other synths communicate,You can't communicate with the Oasys from your PC in this way I thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: