Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3 & Vocals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelvaf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: KP3 & Vocals Reply with quote

Hey ppl,

Just got myself a KP3 - hoping to use it just as a vocal effects unit. Wondering what the best way to set it up?

Should I go through the effects loop of the mixer?
Or patch the mic straight through it to the mixer?

I managed to get it going ok, but I was either fighting feedback, or not really hearing the depth of the effects. I also had the feeling that some of the audio quality of the vox was getting cut out??

Anyone else had this type of trouble?

Anyone else know how to get around this?

Cheers
Michael
decrepitude

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on! I use the KP3 quite a bit for my voice. It's the main reason I got it.

I do a lot of in time sampling of loops and mess with those loops via effects.

I prefer to hook up a Shure SM58 mic using an all-in-one XLR to 1/4-inch cable (adapters suck and are clunky) into the mic jack and I keep the trim almost all the way down (might be the reason for your feedback - turn the trim all the way down.) I can't imagine needing to boost the gain on the trim very much for any microphone, but the SM58 is the defacto standard vocal mic for stage and it works great with the KP3.

Also, check your input volume and effects depth knobs. I usually have my effects depth knob cranked all the way up and I never have any volume disparities between source and effected signal.

Using the KP3 in a send/return workflow is cool too, but I prefer to use it as an insert. I take a stereo out from an EMU Command Station XL7 for the line input to the KP3 and switch between the 2 inputs, giving me the ability to sample from the Emu or from my voice.

Sometime in 2008, I'll be posting some vids...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: