Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D888 wav file dB level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D888jazzman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: D888 wav file dB level Reply with quote

First to say how pleased I am with the D888, which I use for simple live multitrack recording, with condensor mics, mostly also with external pre-amp. (although I find the writing file "working" delay a pain - New song workaround not really very practical for me as my band are unruly lot, chatting away in between snippets of music - i need "pause"!).
Also, v grateful to Lord Melchett, jerky, royerd et al. for brilliant information on how to get the best out of the machine.

Any way, my problem is that although I record the individual tracks with no clipping, when I transfer the .wav files to my computer into Sonar for editing, processing and mixing down, the levels are way too high and there is clipping. (Unfortunately I do not really understand electronic decibel levels although i know they are a relative concept.) However this does not happen when i play them in TotalRecorder. Please can I have some advice on what to do. I assume it is something to do with normalization (not compression). I read Royerd on appropriate d888 recording levels but i dont want to be scared of going above -12 on the d888.

Thanks
Peter
www.jazzduo.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: