Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Rack Module : What are the limitations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satish Rahi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Triton Rack Module : What are the limitations Reply with quote

What can module not do that Keyboard will. i.e.
1) Can I upload all my work (Samples, Sequences) done on TS
2) Hook up Module to a Controller and play as if on a TS

Basically I am looking to avoid taking my TS studio 88 to gigs and checking if module may be an option. Please share pros and cons
pagey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i'm aware the only difference would be the piano sample thats included in the studio and not the rack (I think) but if you have exb8 in the rack problem solved.

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
pagey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres an even better explanation :

"they have exactly the same engine except for:

Triton Rack has 32mb ROM and 328 arpeggio patterns.
Triton Studio has 32mb ROM plus 16mb PIANO (the same as on EXB-PCM-08 board), and 507 arpeggio patterns.
i had both synths , so i have faced the same problem trying to get Triton Rack to have all Triton Studio patches - and it can be done!! All you need is to download Studio Factory Patches/Combis/Arpeggios to your PC, and transfer to floppy.
with two limitations - first, patches/combis that use new piano board (it is a single multisample) won't sound the same obviously - so to get combi to be usable, you need to switch the piano part to the old mono piano sample from original 32mb set.
second, extra 200 arpeggio patterns pose a problem, because new fresh patches/combis that were programmed especially for studio (the ones you want) and are using arpeggiators, use these extra patterns most. But there is a workarround because of one 'bug':
when you load a patch or combi into a rack that uses pattern over 320, when you open the edit it will show, for example:
428:------ -------- (he has 'read' the number correctly, but doesnt have this pattern)
now you switch it to some triton rack pattern like:
310: USER PATTERN 310
then you go back to disk with Triton Studio Internal Arpeggio Patterns - find no. 428 and load/write it to loacation 310, and save the patch.
even if it sounds a bit complicated, most of the sounds do sound EXACTLY the same on both machines, even without using this tehnique " Very Happy

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: