Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaoss Pad 3 adjusting wet and dry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronaldwidha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Kaoss Pad 3 adjusting wet and dry Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got one question about the KP3.

How do I adjust the wet and the dry signal on direct mode?

At the moment, KP3 behaving unpredictably

for .e.g
I have the KP3 set on direct mode, plugged in to a guitar.
I then select a looper from the quick preset (the buttons above the pad),
play something then hold a point somewhere so the last couple of seconds loops
I then play a melody on top of the loop.
I wont be able to hear the melody from KP3 (dry signal from guitar).
I can only hear the loop (wet signal from KP3).

This is the weird part.
If after this, I go to another preset using the program/bpm knob, and come back to it (turn left 1 tick, than right 1 tick),
suddenly I can play the melody on top of the looper.

weird huh?

I couldnt find anything on the manual, is it something like the fx release hidden adjusting (with shift + fx release slide) and stuff?
Confused [/list]
h2a2p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you try the fx depth knob ?
ronaldwidha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h2a2p: yeah man. I did.
It only adjust the volume of the wet signal (the loop).
The input volume doesnt do anything as well at that point.

The only thing that seem to 'unleash' the dry signal is by moving away from the preset using the program/bpm knob and coming back to it.
decrepitude

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaoss Pad 3 adjusting wet and dry Reply with quote

You said it yourself...

ronaldwidha wrote:

How do I adjust the wet and the dry signal on direct mode?

There's no changing apples to oranges. Direct mode is just that - DIRECT.

What you need is to treat the KP3 as a send-return effect. Do you have such outputs on your mixer? Then you can send any input channels on your mixer to the KP3 via the 'send' outputs on your mixer. The main outs on the KP3 would come back through your FX return and then you can adjust the wet to dry ratio.

Sorry if you already realize this solution and are just wanting the best of both worlds...
h2a2p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm maybe i don't understand what you are trying to do, but on mine, set to direct switch on back, i can input rca or mic source, get the loop effect running a loop of whatever i just input, and then the fx depth knob controls the mix between input signal or loop effect sound. the input volume controls the volume of the input no matter what i am doing, unless fx depth is turned up enough, because in that case i am only hearing the fx loop, and no input signal.

the loop effect doesn't sample anything while being held, but the input plays over it if fx depth is turned down enough. i have to release the loop effect to get it to sample something new from the input source. i just put the 2.0 OS on, and rarely use the inputs, so not sure how it behaved before.
decrepitude

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h2a2p wrote:
hmmm maybe i don't understand what you are trying to do, but on mine, set to direct switch on back, i can input rca or mic source, get the loop effect running a loop of whatever i just input, and then the fx depth knob controls the mix between input signal or loop effect sound. the input volume controls the volume of the input no matter what i am doing, unless fx depth is turned up enough, because in that case i am only hearing the fx loop, and no input signal.

the loop effect doesn't sample anything while being held, but the input plays over it if fx depth is turned down enough. i have to release the loop effect to get it to sample something new from the input source. i just put the 2.0 OS on, and rarely use the inputs, so not sure how it behaved before.

Yes - this is correct. I was confusing the "direct" part. I keep forgetting about that switch - which might be why ronaldwidha is having problems.
ronaldwidha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decrepitude
Quote:
There's no changing apples to oranges. Direct mode is just that - DIRECT.

thx decrepitude, I don't think that is the problem though. You probably also already realise this after reading h2a2p's post. I think he totally gets the problem I'm having. I'm using direct mode because I want to be able to use KP3 as a mixer for itself (adjusting wet/dry signal without having it sitting in a send return loop; I find KP3 is smart enough in some of the programs to stop the input when it needs to, imagine running the granulizer or slicer effect on a send return loop, obviously it wouldnt be as dramatic).

h2a2p
Quote:
the input volume controls the volume of the input no matter what i am doing, unless fx depth is turned up enough, because in that case i am only hearing the fx loop, and no input signal.

Thanks h2a2p. That actually could be it. I might and have more play around with it tonight. What happen could be that the preset store the fx depth as well, which was turned up to full, therefore if I access the same program from the preset I wouldnt get the dry signal, unlike if I access it directly from the bpm knob.

I'll let you know how I go. THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
ronaldwidha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h2a2p: YOU'RE DEAD ON RIGHT!
I alaways thought the FX Depth is just controlling the wet, and input is dry.
never thought it controls wet/dry ratio instead

CHEERS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: