Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

markes in MP3 ....!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pro_ooo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: markes in MP3 ....!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Im new here , I have 1 Q ..... ist possible to use markes on the MP3 file on the PA2x in some how? like the marke in the midi file wich in PA1x song play ??? any body has information about that ...? its a cool feture in the roland fantom x that make u use the audio sequenser like the arrienger play .... Question Exclamation
Booby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

my Pa1X has this feature since years, so I frankly believe it is available also in Pa2X.

Regards.
Pro_ooo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has what feature in ur PA1x? making markes in the mp3 files? I have PA1x pro and such feature is not availble , even it writen in the manwal that ist not possible to make markes in the mp3 file ..... thanx for ur replay Booby
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOBY!HELLO THERE, CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW TO SET MARKERS ON mp 3?PLEASE
tnx

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Pro_ooo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helloooooooooooo , 102 views and only 3 comments? come on ppl , this need some help of u
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
102 views and only 3 comments? come on ppl , this need some help of u

I don't think many of us have the PA2XPro as yet and not all have the MP3 board. I have the MP3 board but have never set markers in an MP3 - Page 145 of the PA1XPro manual implies that you can - I will try this...

Check the PA2XPro Manual (downloadable from http://www.korgpa.com )

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Pro_ooo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think many of us have the PA2XPro as yet and not all have the MP3 board. I have the MP3 board but have never set markers in an MP3 - Page 145 of the PA1XPro manual implies that you can - I will try this...

thank u karmathanever i know that no 1 have the PA2x yet , and i read the manual of the PA2x already , there is nothing about this featur , i dont have MP3 board on my PA1x pro but i know the featur isnt availble aswell , but im asking if any knows about that more than what writen in the manual , or if it would be availble in the next vergins of PA2x OS , if its not i already have some ideas about how make something simler to this featur but not realy sure if its work , if any 1 ppl want to share this ideas with me just let me know .... Wink
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know the Pa2x came with free Virgin upgrades Laughing

Anyway, joking aside, I see from the Pa2x manual that you can do the following with MP3 files, and this may provide a solution to your requirement for markers:

You can link a Lyrics file with the MP3 file (page 67); You can annotate a lyrics file with chords (see page 68 ). You can store the combined Lyrics/ MP3 entry in the Songbook (page 69). You can link a songbook entry to an STS button (page 69).

Therefore when you press the corresponding STS button, the MP3 clip will play complete with lyrics and chord symbols.

Yoiu can create up to 4 such MP3 clips, each stored via a Songbook entry onto individual STS buttons. The STS buttons can therefore provide your markers to different parts of an MP3 recording.

Best regards,
Rob
Pro_ooo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u Rob its realy very cliver trick , its excactly what was in my mind but i thought i could do that by assign some mp3 files to the joybox but i wasnt sure how to jump from 1 to another, but i beleive ur way is more usefull, now i understand how i can splite the mp3 file to sivriel parts and assign them 1 by 1 to the 4 STS , but now id like to ask u if u know about this , after i assign mp3 to the STS as u said ist posible to jump from part to another freely , if u explain that in some details that would be very kind of u , how could u make this way close to the real marks perfourmes .... thank u again for ur cliver replay with my best regards (sorry for my bad english) Rolling Eyes
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There are no MP3 editing facilities on the Pa1x. What I do is to export my .mp3 recordings onto a PC and edit them there. Mostly I use this for fade in/out of recordings of my own music, and also for removing any unwanted silence periods at start and end of a recording. I use Adobe Soundbooth CS3 which is probably a bit of an overkill, but there are free utilities you can get elsewhere on the Internet if you search and experiment.

Best regards,
Rob
Booby

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: markes in MP3 ....!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

Pro_ooo wrote:

Hi Im new here , I have 1 Q ..... ist possible to use markes on the MP3 file on the PA2x in some how? like the marke in the midi file wich in PA1x song play ???

you are right I misunderstood the question reading lyrics instead of marker, sorry for creating confusion.

Btw anybody of you is aware of any computer software able to read/write markers in mp3 ? I've never seen one of these, but maybe I'm not updated ....

Best regards.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Booby,

Adobe Soundbooth allows you to set markers within MP3 files and use these for synchronisation within FLASH media clips and within Adobe Premier videos. However if you set markers in an MP3 file and then import it to the Pa1x, the Pa1x can not at present use the markers or display them.

However you can add lyrics and chord symbols to an MP3 file, both using facilities on the Pa1x and using PC-based software. The Pa1x will read and display the lyrics and chord symbols.

Best regards,
Rob
Pro_ooo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys ..... u compleatly change the subject , the last think i suggest to discuse is how to use Rob trick to perfourem as markers mode play , how to assign mp3 clips to the STS and how to jump from 1 to another , that excactly what i asked about last time , not about the lyric not about how to make mp3 on the computer... thank u bouth Rob Booby for ur replays .. waiting for more from u
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think Booby or I changed the subject at all. I am sorry our advice to you appears to be unwanted.
galettouille
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
...You can link a songbook entry to an STS button (page 69)

I don't think so. You can link an STS to a songbook entry, not the contrary. I mean that choosing a songbook entry will recall the 4 associated STS, but choosing an STS will never recall a songbook entry.
I could be wrong, but...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: