Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA amplifier's???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: PA amplifier's??? Reply with quote

Hello

I am looking at purchasing a nexxtech 250 watt PA amplifier and speakers for my Triton Le key board. This is a stereo system and is on sale for $149.99. Are PA’s any good for keyboards or should I just pick up a normal key board amp…. I am not really looking for a loud system, just good clear (hopefully stereo) sound for my house and some small gigs.
Here it is: http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/product.aspx?product=3212004&language=en-CA&ref=2005

Thanks very much, very new to keyboards so any advice would be great!
Marc
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA speakers are substantially better then a keyboard amp. They are FRFR (flat response full range) without the "coloration" one gets from an amp and more so they are stereo. I just bought a pair I use for keys, and we use for the whole band at smaller venues and they sound great. They are made by QSC and blow away the Mackie and JBL equivalents. Their only downside is they are heavy -- but for good reason as they are wood cabinets with heavy duty amps built in (powered, see below).

You may want to consider powered speakers instead of an amp and non-powered ones. Powered speakers, though heavier, tend to have better matches between their amps and speakers, make cabling slightly easier, and require less gear overall.

Given your desire for good sound without being too loud you could consider a satellite system or if your budget allows maybe the Bose tower.

To me it's all about the sound...

Marc
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with the brand. Very inexpensive for 250 watts.

Probably not the best for any live use.....may not hold up well. Most name-brand amps with that wattage sell for at least twice as much.

Sounds Good
wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great advice! This helps me out very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: