Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R3 - Different Midi Channel per patch?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunabass

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: R3 - Different Midi Channel per patch? Reply with quote

I'm looking at the R3 for my live setup. I wanna be able to use it as a midi controller for vst's in my laptop and also use it's internal sounds.

Is the R3 midi channel assignment glogbal or can each patch be programmed to transmit on a different midi channel?

cheers
lunabass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the manual, I think I've answered my own question...the selected midi channel is global
gore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: help me Reply with quote

im a bit new at all this stuff, can someone explain what global midi is? and how i get ableton to play and record the sounds of the r3 instead of the vst plugins and vice versa (ie how to set it up) sorry if this is a stupid question
theduncmac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: help me Reply with quote

gore wrote:
im a bit new at all this stuff, can someone explain what global midi is? and how i get ableton to play and record the sounds of the r3 instead of the vst plugins and vice versa (ie how to set it up) sorry if this is a stupid question

First have you installed the KORG USB midi drivers (get the latest off korg.com, 1.11 i think it is)
and the software editor?
Good

Now go to menu forty something on the r3 and turn local OFF
this basically stops your keyboard from playing the r3 and just sends midi out the usb port. (or midi port, but usb is better cause you can run the editor simultaneosly with ableton and they wont fight for access to the r3)

Now your keys are just a controller.

To use a vst - load a vst, set the input on the track to Korg (if its showing up as 'USB AUdio Device' you need the latest driver)

To play the korg - insert midi track, set input to korg, and output to korg.
to audition: Arm record the track, or set the Monitor to IN

Everything ok?
zampe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I am gathering you can use multiple different sounds from the R3 assigned to different MIDI channels.

I am using logic and the process involves creating a multi instrument in the environment. You can then have the different channels (1-16) assigned to different tracks for each channel that can remember which patch you have selected for that MIDI channel.

I have not yet really figured out how to switch between them very easily as it appears to require manually going into the R3 and switching the MIDI channel in the MIDI menu. Havent tried something like this in Live yet. I would assume you can use a foot pedal to switch between programs as well but havent tried that either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: