Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few questions for a first timerr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: a few questions for a first timerr Reply with quote

Hi, im basically getting a microkorg limeted edition for christmas, but i have a few questions:

1)Will it sound better live a)Plugged into my 50 watt marshall amp or b)can it be put through the PA?

2)Is this capable of warm pad sounds, and string(ish) sounds? i understand that this isnt really waht it was designed for, but it was theonly thing i could really get on a tight budget.

3)Is it suitable for creating atmosphere, instead of lead, such as that by the killers, coldplay, joy division etc.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.
cheers Very Happy
kpatz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You can run it direct to the PA mixer. This will give you the cleanest sound, but you can change the character by running it through your Marshall.

2. I've gotten some really nice warm string and pad sounds from mine. Some detuning, PWM, and chorus in the Mod FX section can go a long way. The only limitation is the 4 note polyphony.

3. Other than the polyphony issue, with some programming skills you should be able to get some atmosphere like sounds from it.
magicmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that, it has gone some way to allaying my fears that it would be useless in my hands Very Happy
I should also add that my 50 watt marshall is a GUITAR amp.
Will it still work?
kpatz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as your amp has a line-level or high-level input on it, it'll work fine with the MK.

If your amp offers overdrive or distortion settings, you can use those with your MK's sounds too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: