Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3 LED control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oish1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: KP3 LED control Reply with quote

I'm working on several tools for using the KP as a more dynamic midi controller and was wondering if there is perhaps a way of controlling the LEDs via midi messages perhaps via undocumented sysex messages. I know it's a longshot but worth an ask.

I've created patches which create an 8x8 matrix of virtual buttons, but the possibilities are somewhat limited without visual feedback. I was hoping I could eventually port some of the functionality of monome controller programs to the kaoss pad.

any information would be helpful. Thanks.
chrysalis33rpm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very similar question to the one I asked a while ago on this forum, below. Unfortunately I only received one response which told me to look on the website for the midi implementation, which is itself particularly not useful. Anyway, its a great idea, and seems like it would sell a shitload of kaoss pads because all of a sudden they wouuld be very user customizable, but I guess it's not possible?....somebody tell me i am wrong please.

Quote:
I am interested in the KP3 primarily as a midi control device to provide the kind of 'musical instrument' level of control over effects and instruments in Ableton Live.

I'd like to know if the LEDs of the touchpad could be programmed to function like buttons, or if an external application such as MAX could turn off and on the LEDs individually - this would in effect make the KP similar to a small monome or yamaha's new tenori-on.

Does the KP3 respond to any kind of Korg native sysex commands; how programmable is it- outside of its uses as an effects box and sampler?

I realize that I am interested in perverting the original intent of the device, but I think it may have tons of potential when approached this way. Any info you could give me is appreciated, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: