Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plugging the zero8 into another mixer??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gin2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Plugging the zero8 into another mixer?? Reply with quote

can it be done?

i'm thinking if it's at all possible then it would be a rather good midi controller and i could over all the other problems....

so ideally i'd take it to a gig (i'd have to hire a couple people to carry it of course) and hopefully route it into the house mixer??
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can route the master output to another mixer, but just keep in mind that every time you run through a piece of gear you lose some sound quality.

Another option would be to use the Korg as only a MIDI controller, and use a separate sound card. This kinda defeats the point of the Korg, though. It's supposed to be a full solution for MIDI, soundcard and mixer in a single unit. Just using it for the MIDI is a bit of a waste.
Gin2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subterFUSE wrote:
Another option would be to use the Korg as only a MIDI controller, and use a separate sound card. This kinda defeats the point of the Korg, though. It's supposed to be a full solution for MIDI, soundcard and mixer in a single unit. Just using it for the MIDI is a bit of a waste.

i can see your point... however, what if you want to take it to a gig, there's no way that you are going to be able to unplug the house mixer and then plug the zero8 in? at least with this option, you can still use the korg albeit as you say, as a midi controller.

i still can't quite figure out how you would hook it up tho... i have a motu ultralite which is firewire, so you'd plug the motu into the korg?
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can Daisychain firewire devices. You would plug your MOTU into your computer and then daisy chain the Korg into the MOTU.

Or you could forget the MOTU and just run the output from your KORG into an input on the house mixer.
Gin2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you were saying in the previous post, doing either of these, would they be that detrimental to the sound quality?

subterFUSE wrote:
Or you could forget the MOTU and just run the output from your KORG into an input on the house mixer.

so you'd go from the main outs on the korg, but i'm guessing you could only go into one channel of the house mixer?

would you consider doing either of these options?

Embarassed

excuse me being a novice subterfuse...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: