Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What sound card w/midi to buy for my PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papirbit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: What sound card w/midi to buy for my PC Reply with quote

Hi
Just a quick question, regarding what sound card you think I should get for my PC. (running Windows XP, but might also try Linux on it from time to time)

It will be used both for playback of cd's, mp3, old Amiga protracker modules (good old memories) and other high quality music files and movies (dvd, x264 w/ac3 and satellite (dvb-s2)).
Today it will be used in my htpc.

And later for use with my oasys as well. That's where the midi part comes in. As you can tell from the "htpc" part, the midi part is not going to be the main feature I'm looking for, but something I would like to expriment with.
But I know that it's something I want on the card.

I'm not looking for studio quality here, I won't be producing music cd's - but would like something with better sound then onboard realtek chips on my motherboard or the "gamer" level from creative and so on.
So I'm looking in somethinkg between 100-300 usdollar.

s/pdif (either coaxial or optical) would be nice too I think. (or is analog better? I'm still confused here, since it seems to depend on the receiver quality). I'm looking into the Harman/Kardon AVR745 receiver.

I was looking at the m-audio Audiophile 192 card...
Any other recommended cards?
krazy78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the M-AUDIO Audiophile 192, i just bought one not too long ago
the sound quality is amazing for the price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: