Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlling MIDI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sassonsb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Controlling MIDI? Reply with quote

I have an E-MU B3 synth connect via MIDI to my Extreme. The output of the B3 synth then goes to a dedicated channel on my mixer. Everything seems to work ok except I can't control the volume with the volume slider on the keyboard, I can trigger the rotating speakers if I push and hold the joystick up but if I let it go the effect stops (unlike the Korg samples), and the damper pedal doesn't work.
I have the same problems if I connect a Roland JC-1010 synth.
I tried messing with the global midi settings but couldn't figure it out.
Any tips?
Thanks.
Stephen
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Controlling MIDI? Reply with quote

sassonsb wrote:
I can't control the volume with the volume slider on the keyboard

Triton's Volume slider is for internal sound module exclusively. It does not transmit any MIDI messages. Use any realtime controls, like knobs (with assigned CC#7) or - if You really need slider for that purpose - in combi mode choose MIDI channel for given part; the channel must be different from Global Channel (P2/MIDI Channel). Now go to Mixer view, focus volume slider of that part and move the slider - among with SysEx there will be Volume message transmited as well.

sassonsb wrote:
I can trigger the rotating speakers if I push and hold the joystick up but if I let it go the effect stops (unlike the Korg samples).

Yes, choose any organ program on Korg featuring rotary speaker, go to IFX details slot (where rotary speaker is placed) and see "Speed Switch" parameter - it has JS+Y which is TOGGLE. It means what it is supposed to mean - if JS+Y is >0 (theoreticaly) then the parameter is applied ONCE (ON mode) until joystick comes back to 0 position. When you perform the same activity again, the parameter is applied ONCE again but with OFF state. If you need the same behaviour with EMU program it to respond in same way.

sassonsb wrote:
and the damper pedal doesn't work.

You mean it does not work at all or halfdamping feature is not available? Does it work correctly for internal Korg sounds? Did You check MIDI filter settings /MIDI channel settings/polarity of the pedal?

Best regards,
Krzysiek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: