Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long time RADIAS user here, first time synth head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryowolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Long time RADIAS user here, first time synth head Reply with quote

Hey, I am actually new to synthesizers but I've had the RADIAS since launch. At first, I thought I made an unwise and unexperienced decision as the RADIAS didn't sounds like I expected it to say the least... I was hoping for Prophet sound but didn't know it at the time!
I just wanted to say that the RADIAS is a very quirky synthesizer and I do not regret buying one (however, full admission price is questionable).
I would also like to add that anyone that wants a new synth experience should look at picking one up.
Also, I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while now and it is one of the friendlest I've come too! Daz advice is truly spot on and we have such a wonderful community base. How could I not introduce myself?
I must say the world of synthesizers is a great and wondrous one. (Also quite secretive!) Why play guitar when you can program synth!?

On a side note, does anyone her have experience with the Alesis Andromeda? I am looking to pick one up too fulfill my analog needs. Either that or a Prophet '08.
mmmkay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

My Friend has a Alesis Andromeda and sometimes I get a chance to play it. This thing is hard core, 32 real analog oscillators!. I find it difficult to use but this is the type of synth that you will own forever. It will become a classic in a decade just like the Jupitor 8. If you have the cash and paitence to learn it Go get her!! Smile
Cheers
gdh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had and Andy for awhile until it was stolen - great synth and very deep, you really need to be into programming to get the most out of it. You had said that you were hoping for the P5 sound - I would recommend you try the P08 first as it is easier to program and is analogue as well and for 2K new it is a great buy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: