Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording microkorg help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ponyrocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Recording microkorg help Reply with quote

Hello to all
i just bought a microkorg today and the midi to usb cables i use ableton live but when i try to play the sounds of the microkorg into the pc and record them it just wont work i mean it does detect them and does send the signal but only that,
i read on previous posts that if u want to play and record the sounds of the microkorg into the pc you had to connect it to the soundcard, this i dont know how i was wondering if any of u guys could help me out in this
what other stuff do i need? how do i do it? and how do i know if my laptop soundcard has the necessary ports or stuff for it to connect to the mk.
thanks!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to hook the L+R audio out (mono 1/4" jacks) of the keyboard to the audio aux in (stereo 1/8 mini jack) on the computer.

To do this, you'll need an audio adapter. Or you can buy an external USB/Fireware audio interface that has 1/4" input jacks, so you can use two standard 1/4 cables, and you'll get a better quality input too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: