Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias drumkit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Radias drumkit Reply with quote

Hi guys! I am new to Radias .I got it for a short time, and even I read the book ,CANNOT ASSIGN A PERCUSSION KIT TO MORE THAN A TIMBRE.

Is it possible to assign a drum kit to more than one timbre? (like to all 4 timbres)

Thanks so much! I appreciate the help! Smile
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, and Happy New Year! Smile

No, and yes...

No, in that you can't do it straight forwardly. But yes, you can hack (edit) a way around it, with the caveat that any additional drum timbres are each monophonic (they can play ANY drum sound, but only one at a time [per step]) as opposed to polyphonic (playing multiple drum sounds per every step).

Timo wrote:
Firstly, one channel can be assigned as a normal drum kit timbre, which will be polyphonic.

The other three channels can each use the "Drum PCM" waveform setting on Oscillator 1. Bear in mind that using the "Control 2" knob on Oscillator 1 you can select between any drum sample from the 128 PCM drum samples at any one time. Now, it just so happens that the Modulation Sequencers can allow you to modulate the "Control 2" knob, so you can literally turn any such channel into a whole drum kit, albeit monophonic, by programming a modulation sequence to select different drum samples per step.

It means, not only do you have four drum channels at your disposal, each channel can access ANY of the 128 drum samples from the ROM on any step.

It's a bit like old-skool multiplexing using 'tracker' sequencers of yore (OctaMED, FastTracker, Renoise, etc.)

Don't worry if you didn't understand the last bit.
shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, I'll try to do it... Very Happy
shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it!!! Laughing You've been great, and all the details u gave me helped me each.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: