Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

v1.11 sytem update & exb-fw

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bedlam ward

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: v1.11 sytem update & exb-fw Reply with quote

anyone know where the instructions for uploading the new operating system to my korg m3m needed for exb-fw operation . i've downloaded the software prior to buying the exb-fw board . does anyone already have it and does the exb-fw driver come with it or is this also secretly hidden on korg's website . i'm using protools which apparently doesn't recognise the midi so i will still need to use the usb connection for this .
khol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. The information how to upgrade should be included in the zip-package. I found out how to upgrade here on this forum. Strange way for a consumer to have to do that.

Anyway. I unzipped the 1.1.1 zip-file and then copied the M3SYS folder to a USB-device. Inserted the device into my M3 and went into the global mode and choose the system upgrade from the meny.

About the fw-drivers... you can actually find them on korg.com.
The XP-drivers that is. I dont know when the vista-drivers will be released.
http://www.korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=1359

Hope this helps.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khol wrote:
I agree with you. The information how to upgrade should be included in the zip-package. I found out how to upgrade here on this forum. Strange way for a consumer to have to do that.

According to the description, the upgrade SHOULD include installation instructions:
http://www.korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=1354

Since Korg always includes install instructions, if they are missing it is an error.

** Update **
I just downloaded the PC and MAC versions and BOTH CONTAIN install instructions. In the \M3_v111 folder there is a document titled "HowToUpdate_M3.pdf"
khol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My deepest appologies to the forum and to Korg if That's the case Martin.

I checked my folder where i unzipped and there was no such pdf.
Strange.

So, sorry for that !
bedlam ward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: missing docs Reply with quote

i used the u.k. site first time and no instructions and no exb fw firewire driver . then used the u.s.a. site and everythings there . do i need an empty usb stick to install the new operating system . feeling very nrevous about this install . ah well here goes .
khol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, yep this IS nervous... was for me to Smile

All you need is a USB-stick that your M3 can recognize.
Then copy the entire M3SYS-folder to the stick and go into the global mode, system update

But I'd recommend that you download the v1.1.1 files from the us-site and read the instructions included in that zip-file.
bedlam ward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: exb fw & protools Reply with quote

khol thanks for your help . update worked fine and now i am going to order the firewire option . do you have the exb-fw yourself and if so how is it working with your d.a.w. i use protools le but what do you use .
khol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedlam.
Great to hear that the upgrade worked. Like the new vocoder-programs i E-bank.

If you have the Radias-exp you should also upgrade to Radias V2.0 (found on korg.com on the M3-page).

No, i dont have exp-fw yet. I was very very close to order one, but then i (by mere accident) noticed that there is no exp-fw driver for Windows Vista.

So i will just have to wait for it to be released. Then i will buy one immediately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: