Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with TC-Vinyl in Traktor Scratch Upgr. + Korg Zero4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl!ck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Problem with TC-Vinyl in Traktor Scratch Upgr. + Korg Zero4 Reply with quote

Hi there

Santa Clause brought a shiny little traktor scratch upgrade kit for my korg zero 4 mixer. After hours of try and error, manual-consulting, forum/support research, updates e.g. i´m clueless why the sh** isn´t working.

Problem:

The timecode-vinyl/signal is not recognized with the recommended settings. The turntable-decks in ts don´t calibrate properly and either say “waiting…” or “unknown…, Calibration failed”

What I already did:

I installed traktor scratch. I connected the korg zero 4, status:running. I set the soundcard in ts to “korg asio”.
The chinch-cables from the turntables are plugged into Phono in/out Ch1 and Ch2. I set the input selector on the korg zero to “firewire/audio”. I selected the buttons “A” and “B” in ts, as described in the manual. The “audio monitor LED” in Ts is green.

nothing

I try out the input selector with line, cd/line, firewire/audio, firewire/audio-midi, firewire/midi

nothing

I start worrying

still nothing

I updated the firmware of the zero 4 to 1.5, I updated ts to the latest version (1.1.1.020 I think)
I restart the computer and the zero 4. I try out the steps above and different audio latencys (from 2 to 10ms).

nothing --- the “turntable”-window in ts shows “waiting…”

I plug the turntable in the “cd/line” input of the zero4. I try out the steps above.

nothing

I turn up “gain” on Ch1 and Ch2 to max. I also turn up the volume-fader, so I hear the “beep”-signal. I set the input on the korg to “cd/line”.

Both decks say “calibrating” and finally show the proper signal “vinyl 10 min (or something like that)”. I see that the tracks, loaded into A and B decks are running and I can stop and rewind them with the vinyl.

Problem: No sound, because the input of the korg zero has to be set to firewire.

I play a track in deck A (not with the vinyl) and switch to input (korg) firewire/audio -- works well, same with deck B. I can control the volume with the CH 1 and 2 faders of the mixer.

The manual of ts is a pitty, no instructions for troubleshooting with “certified mixers”. I followed all the instructions in the manual, saying to switch the input(korg) to “line”, but that didn´t work at all. The manual of the korg zero tells nothing about ts.

With the firmware update of the zero4 came an instruction for ts saying that I just have to set the soundcard to “Korg Asio”, leave the chinch in phono in/out and switch the input(korg) to firewire/audio but that didn´t work, as mentioned above.

When I tried out the working configuration a second time, only one turntable/vinyl in ts was recognized. I didn´t manage to get both vinyls recognized (calibrated) and running in ts again.
I loaded the *.tks file for zero4 in the midi-preferences but that didn´t make any difference.
I uninstalled and reinstalled ts but that didn´t change anything, too.
To come to an end: Regarding the lousy instructions of korg and the manual of ts I just have to set everything up like mentioned in my first step and it should work. Did I get something wrong there? As far as I can tell, the timecode-signal seems to be not loud enough for ts to calibrate properly. Only if I pull up Gain and the Volume-Fader and set the input(korg) to cd/line (with chinch in cd/line) or phono (with chinch in phono) it seems to get the signal. But still, only one turntable/signal gets recognized, the other says “waiting…” and I don´t get any sound. The Mixer works fine with Ts without the timecode-vinyls, midi-control e.g. is not a problem.

Any ideas out there? Sorry for the long text, I hope the solution is simple and I can feel like a happy idiot after you helped me out.

Thanks in advance! Rolling Eyes

--------------------------------
Samsung X25, 1,73 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, Windows XP Prof. SP2
2x Technics 1210, 2x Ortofon Concorde Pro S
Korg Zero 4, Firmware 1.5
Traktor Scratch Upgrade Kit, Version 1.1.1.020 (latest update)
[/b]
sl!ck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: PROBLEM SOLVED Reply with quote

Alright, if anyone cares: I found the bug. After hours of testing, I got a signal with a totaly weird setting. I had to switch CH1 to Phono, play the TC-Vinyl and activate the "A"-Button for the Crossfader on CH1. Then I got a signal but only on Channel2 in the Traktor Software. I checked the internal routing of the fire-wire signal in the IO-Settings in Zero-Edit - and there it was: the routing was set to a preset called "master/bus" which routes the firewire-output of channel2 to the A-Position of the Crossfader and the output of channel1 to the master out. Shocked Wtf?? So I simply fixed it by activating the "PREEQ"-Preset, meaning the firewire-output remains on the same channel and gets out before passing all the EQs and Fader.
Hope this helps somebody in a similar situation. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: