Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Legacy Cell Performance Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Korg Legacy Cell Performance Problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I just purchased the KLC - AE2007 and am having some major performance problems especially with Legacy Cell. I realize it's quite a CPU hungry synth, but I'm running a G5 dual 2.5ghz + 2gig ram, osx 10.4.9, logic 7.2 and most patches in the Legacy Cell completely max my CPU making it un-usable.

Either this isn't right, or else I need to look at running the KLC remotely from another machine?
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't sound right to me, unles you are playing huge amounts of ntes at once.

What are your buffer settings?
Does the MS20 or Polysix on their own give similar performance issues?

Have you tried the standalone version?
johnsa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Buffer setting is 256 (in Logic coreaudio).

The MS20 or PolySix on it's own uses about 10% CPU .. maybe up to 15% with four/five notes held.

LegacyCell as Standalone when i run the biggest patch I have and hold down about 6 notes (PAD) goes up to about 65% ... most patches seem to take no more than 30% CPU tops... inside Logic is a different story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: