Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Softcase for the Extreme 61

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Softcase for the Extreme 61 Reply with quote

I love this keyboard... but has anyone found a good softcase that fits a Korg Triton Extreme (61-key)? i've gone through 2 so far to fit a 76-key keyboard, but the weight of the extreme wears out the padding in the case, and it's all warped now. If anyone knows a manufacturer or a retailer that's on line, please let me know.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow no one's found a good one?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recommend one because nobody I know uses a soft case. Everyone uses flight cases here.

Regards.
Sharp.
sviveen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received a gig bag for my 88 key Extreme, a soft bag made of heavy-duty 600 Denier Cordura Nylon fabric with 20mm foam padding.

I've choosen this soft bag because it's an affordable way to protect the instrument when stored. I'll only use it for storage, and the odd occasion where I need to transport the instrument. And I think that's where those soft cases are made for.

In case you need to transport your Korg more often, and actually take it on the road (based on your description, I guess that's what you do), you should consider a flight case. I have a huge flight case (often referred to as "coffin") for my Roland RD-600, and the darn thing is as heavy as the piano itself. It's just too heavy to handle by yourself with the instrument inside. But maybe a hardshell case will be the answer if you're looking for an affordable lightweigth case.

Check out the Gator Hard Shell case: http://www.gatorcases.com/productsmodeldetail.aspx?LID=3&PID=46&MID=205
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your input - i think it's time to upgrade to a flight case.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood the Logic of people who use those soft cases,or gig bags,you buy an expensive Synthesizer and carry it around in essentially a "Paper bag" in terms of strength.Ok for a cheap home keyboard $50 plastic affair but a Synthesizer?

When you buy a synth that's expensive to replace,whats a further $xxx for a decent flightcase to protect your gear,a rather minimal price to pay if it ever comes to get damaged in transit,I know which case I would rather transport my gear around in.

You Wouldn't want to drive round in a car that was made of Cardboard???
So why treat a synth that way?
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stuck to softcases for a long time because they are lighter weight (the extreme weighs a ton) and i dont ever take it on an airplane or have other people moving it or carrying it. But that will soon change, as i'm getting a fight-case for my Triton (since softcases are impossible to find).

I'm used to carrying around a Korg 01/W, which i'm convinced you could throw off the roof of a house and it would still work Razz - Besides, the softcases i've had were very heavily padded, and i felt they were adequately protected.
Goom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Groove Pak soft case with wheels:

http://tinyurl.com/yqt5fh

It's nice, but kind of big for the Triton, IMO. The plus is that it has lots of storage space. I pack all of my cables (AC and audio) and a AC power strip in the pockets. It has eliminated the need for my gig bag that I used for that purpose.
ajomathew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a softcase by Gig skinz..Works perfect 4 me..

http://gigskinz.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: