Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard + Kaoss pad question :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koningbeats

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Keyboard + Kaoss pad question :) Reply with quote

Hey guys, first of all, nice forum, i've learnt a lot already how to use this amazing pad.. I use it mainly for looping beatbox.. I have a Yamaha PSR-340 keyboard and i was wondering if i'm able to connect it to the Kaosspad. It has a midi out/in and i already bought a cable to connect them.. so from keyboard out to kp3 in but somehow it doesnt seem to work, like the kp3 isnt recieving a signal?
I would be very thankful if someone could help me with this:)
( i'm not that good with all these electronics hehe:) )
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With something like what I picture a PSE-340 to be, I think all you will be able to do is turn the samples on and off just like you were hitting the A,B,C or D buttons.

What you have to do is figure out what midi note your KP3 has assigned to each pad. I'll try to do a step by step to demonstrate how to tell which note will trigger the A pad.

1) Hold down shift and hit #5
2) Turn the program knob until it says SNP.A
3) Push the Program knob button down
4: The LED window should flash the midi note that will control Pad A (in my case C2)
5) Turn the program knob until it shows the note that you would like to use
6) Hit the "write" button if you want to save this change or "shift" to escape
7) Hit the corresponding note on your PSR-340 and you should see KP3 react just like you hit Pad A

The trickiest part would be figuring out which octave something like C2 would be on your keyboard.

Hope this made sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: