Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using an external MIDI controller w/ the Triton...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastshaun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Using an external MIDI controller w/ the Triton... Reply with quote

Hello there,

I was wondering if it is possible to hook up another keyboard via MIDI to the Triton and have it trigger different sounds than the sounds coming from the actual Korg keyboard.

So for example, is it possible to simultaneously have a piano sound alone on the Triton keyboard and have a guitar sound alone on a separate MIDI keyboard (which is hooked up to the Triton)?

If it is possible, can someone please point me in the right direction. I would be immensely grateful. Thanks in advance.

-Shaun
triton_951

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's possible! I hope I can explain it...
At first, plug, with a midi cable, the midi controller keyboard in the MIDI OUT and put it in the MIDI IN plug on your triton. In combi mode, create, for example, a 2 layers sound (Guitar and Piano) with the effects.
Then, press the Menu button and go in P2 (Track Parameter). On the midi page, put the guitar sound on channel 2 and leave the piano on 01G. See if it works.

If it doesn't work, make sure your put (if your know how) your midi keyboard on channel 2!

Good Luck!!!
Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: