Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing samples from laptop thru USB?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiss Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Importing samples from laptop thru USB? Reply with quote

I'm a newbie and I followed the manual on sampling using the 1/4" input for a microphone, but is there anyway to import samples from my laptop using the USB port? The various input sources on the screen don't scroll through to the USB port, just the different 1/4" sources. Or is there another way I can get the clips on my laptop inputted as samples on the M3?

Many thanks.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't load directly from your computer via the USB port. You have to save the files to a USB hard drive or USB stick, then connect the drive or stick to the M3 and load from there. USB sticks are only about $20. for around a gig of memory, so it's well worth picking one up. Be careful when getting a drive since not all are compatible. Jerry posted a list a few months ago, but I'm not sure how many are still available and I'm sure a few others have been added since then.

Jerry, you out dere? Have an updated list?

Proton
Kid Nepro Sounds - Supporting Korg Synths For Over 20 Years
http://www.kidnepro.com
Kiss Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for that information.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid_nepro_2002 wrote:
USB sticks are only about $20. for around a gig of memory, so it's well worth picking one up.

Staples is selling 2 GIG flash sticks from PNY at a great low price--bundled in a 2-pack for less than $30.

Very Happy
Kiss Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Still tryin'! Reply with quote

I picked up the flash stick, loaded some short wav files from my laptop and connected it to the USB port on the back of the M3. I hit the Media button and voila there they were on the screen. But I couldn't get past the load screen, nothing seems to happen. Obviously I'm stuck. The manual is of no help. Can someone please tell me how to assign these samples to a particular key, patch, anything so I can store them and pull them up? I really need a step by step guide. Thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: