Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clean vocoder?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starsblinkout

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: clean vocoder? Reply with quote

is it possible to use the vocoder to do vocals, but have them be clean instead of filtered? if so, how would i go about doing it. thanks in advance.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you need to turn off all the filters and effects throughout the whole chain in the program, which should be easier to do using the editor software. You'll probably need to select a source wave that has a lot of high frequency harmonics, because voice carries a lot of high frequencies for "esss", "th", "v", and other consonants, at least if you want to be able to understand any of the words after the effect is applied.
mrtunes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the ms2000R i've found it difficult to vocode lines where the lyrics are very audible. i know it's possible though cause i've seen people performing with these synths and the vocoders sound great if you can figure out how to set them up properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: