Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaoss Pads and Mixers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodentdp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Kaoss Pads and Mixers Reply with quote

I'm just curious, of those of you who are not DJs and are using the Kaoss Pad (specifically the KP3) into a small mixer, what are you using and why did you choose it? I have the Alesis MultiMix8 USB mixer, and it works well for other instruments, but when I try and route the Kaoss Pad through it, I experience problems with too much feedback and not enough volume. I'd like to use the KP3 as more of an instrument than just an effects processor, but the mixing board issues (further complicated by those damn line in/outs...here's hoping for 1/4" or something better on the next model) are a major limitation.

I've been eying the Mackie Onyx line, but is there something better? Computer connectivity is a must, either USB or Firewire if possible.
Rich Curtis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried switching the unit between "send" and "direct" ?

May get rid of the feedback issue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rodentdp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that cleared up most of the issue...it took forever to get this set up properly. thanks.

Regardless, I'm still curious to hear mixer recommendations or ways that you're using your kaoss pad beyond as a DJ tool.
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is set incorporated into my DAW.

My DAW soundcard has 10 ins and outs. I dedicate one stereo output to the Kaoss pad.

So for example, I use Acid Pro 6 on my Daw, I have a bass track and a drum track playing and also a synth line. I could then route the bass and drum to outputs 1+2 (these then run to my Yamaha 24/14fx mixing desk) I can then route the synth line to outputs 3+4 which routes directly to the Kaoss pad (set to direct), which the outputs from the kaoss then going to a different channel on the mixing desk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: