Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File types and how to upload them !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: File types and how to upload them !!! Reply with quote

Hello forum:

This is a virgin and stupid question perhaps but I just got my Trition Studio few days ago and honestly, its manual is not up to my expectation.

I learned how to upload .SNG files but what about the .KFS and .PCG files? How do we have to upload them into the keyboard. Well, I saved some of the files posted on the download page of this forum on a flopy but I wasn't sure how should I proceed, just select the "load selected" from the page manue and that's it? I don't want to screw up anything. Is this normal that whenver you turn off the keyboard, all the songs (.SNG files) are wiped out of memory and you have to upload them again? Any suggession for express learning beside the practice, user manual, and Sudosonic video's (I'm reading the manual and already ordered the DVD's). Thanks folks. Cheers.

digitop
pagey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly before you do anything save all your current sounds etc.

Go into Media Mode, select save all so you have a back up

When loading from the download section again go into media and select the file you want to upload. If samples are used put a tick in the load KFS box and the samples will also be loaded.

Depending on which files you upload they acn change the whole contents of your keyboard so always make a back up first, that way if you don't like what you've uploaded you can always load back your original stuff.

Yes its perfectly normal to lose the contents of the sequencer when you power off.

My advice would be to read the sections in the manual you want to learn a couple of times whilst sat at the keyboard and experiment. The manuals do make sense after a while. The dvd's will definitely help anyone new to the keyboard but above all save all your stuff, that way you can undo any changes you make. And in terms of help and support you've come to the right place!
Take a month off work and read all the posts in the forum and you'll be the jedi master when you've finished Laughing

good luck Very Happy

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
digitop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pagey! Very helpful. From what I see so far, it will take more than a month to get comfortable with this keyboard but it worth every second of it. Thanks again.

digitop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: